Job Title: Financial Controller
Organization: Reliable Corporate Solutions (RCS) (Transport Company)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reliable Corporate Solutions (RCS) is a performance enhancement firm known for people and organization development. We specialize in developing and strengthening organization systems through research and information interpretation, behavioral and attitude change, Staff training, Recruitment, and R & D. They would like to recruit for a valuable client, a transport company.
Job Summary: The Financial Controller performs a variety of professional level accounting duties involved in preparing, maintaining, analyzing, verifying, and reconciling complex financial transactions, statements, records, and reports; maintains the accuracy of the ledgers and subsidiary financial systems; assists in the preparation of assigned budgets, annual audit, and year end closing; and provides highly responsible staff assistance to assigned management staff.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out a variety of professional accounting functions supporting operations; maintain accuracy of general, revenue, and expenditure ledgers and subsidiary financial systems.
- Reconcile financial ledgers and records; prepare financial statements and reports, general and subsidiary ledgers and supporting schedules; research and resolve discrepancies.
- Review and audit all accounts payable, purchase orders, cash receipts, business licenses, payroll, utility billing, and other accounting records and transactions; ensure money is posted to correct accounts and that all accounts balance.
- Provide assistance in the development of the annual budget; assist in the review and validation of the annual budget; create a variety of spreadsheets, documents, and graphs; assist in preparing the final budget.
- Prepare bank reconciliations and related journal entries for a variety of accounts.
- Prepare a variety of monthly, periodic, and annual financial and statistical reports and account summaries; prepare treasurer reports; prepare and file annual State Controllers Report.
- Assist in preparation of year end closings and accompanying financial reports.
- Carry out grant accounting work related to state or grant agency funding; maintain records for audit purposes.
- Maintain and track fixed asset inventory control records.
- Participate in the year-end audit; compile and prepare supporting schedules, work papers, and financial reports as requested by auditors.
- Prepare tax remittances for payment.
- Quickly respond to public inquiries in a courteous manner; provide information within the area of assignment; resolve issues in an efficient and timely manner.
- Provide responsible staff assistance to management staff; perform special department projects as assigned.
- Serve as department liaison to various committees as necessary.
- Perform related duties as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, B.com, or Finance degree from an accredited college or University.
- Hold professional qualifications like ACCA.
- A minimum of six years of increasingly responsible experience performing journey to complex accounting and finance work, preferably in a busy setting.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates who wish to apply should send their updated CVs via Email to; firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 15th June, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline