Job Title: Finance Manager
Organization: National Environment Management Authority (NEMA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director Finance and Administration
Job Ref: NEMA/ADV/EXT/04/2016
The National Environment Management Authority (NEMA) was established under the National Environment Act Cap. 153 to promote and ensure sound environmental management practices for sustainable development in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Finance Manager will provide professional guidance in managing the NEMA’s finances and ensure proper accountability for resources used, in compliance with the international and national financial reporting standards and laws.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare final accounts for audit;
- The incumbent will prepare and coordinate NEMA cash flow forecasts and working capital levels;
- Keenly analyze and manage NEMA’s investment portfolio by identifying investment opportunities of funds while optimizing returns on investments;
- Supervise financial transactions and ensure that they conform with the financial management laws, International Financial Reporting Standards, relevant internal institutional policies, and the budgetary control system of NEMA;
- Work closely with external auditors during the audit and ensure all audit schedules are prepared and filed before audit;
- Prepare management accounts and other adhoc reports ;
- The incumbent will manage the payroll and ensure that salaries are paid in accordance with staff terms and conditions of service;
- Keenly verify, prepare and pay statutory deductions like NSSF, PAYE, WHT and LST;
- Receive and check invoices presented for payment for goods and services rendered;
- Regularly analyze and allocate expenses on a monthly basis;
- Manage the reconciliation of bank accounts and all other General Ledger accounts on a monthly basis;
- Supervise financial data capture to ensure the trial balance is accurate and updated at all times;
- Manage the fixed assets Register;
- The jobholder will manage store records;
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the NEMA Finance Manager career opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce (Accounting Option), Business Administration (Accounting Option).
- Possession of an advanced Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting or Strategic Management is a MUST.
- Full Professional qualifications of ACCA or CPA Uganda is a MUST;
- Full membership of Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda is a MUST.
- At least six years of post-qualification professional working experience in Financial management with a large Organization or Government of which at least 3 (three) years should be at a senior level;
- Hands on experience with Accounting packages such as Sun systems, Navision Financials or Pastel is a MUST:
- Knowledge of relevant laws that govern public finances
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good planning, organizing and coordination skills
- Good morals and high level of integrity
- Good management and supervisory skills
- Good networking and negotiation skills
- Computer literacy skills
- High level of confidentiality
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their hand written applications together with copies of certificates/ testimonials and detailed curriculum vitae indicating three professional referees addressed to:-
The Executive Director,
National Environment Management Authority (NEMA),
NEMA House, Plot 17/19/21 Jinja Road,
P.O. Box 22255, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 20th June, 2016
Note: The job title applied for should be printed at the top left hand side of the envelope. Applicants, who will not have heard from us by August 31, should consider their applications unsuccessful.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline