Job Title: Finance and Administrative Executive
Organisation: Zoe Recruitment
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Zoe Recruitment is an HR consultancy company that exists to contribute to the transformation of productivity and work ethic, by linking talent to business/organizations, and placing people right. At Zoe we believe this then forms the foundation for sustainable business and on a larger scale, economic growth. Zoe would like to recruit for a valuable client.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Finance and Administrative Executive will provide general office organisation and cleanliness
- Prepare and maintain basic books of accounts and payroll
- Offer support in preparing and monitoring of the annual budget of the business;
- Ensure that clients are billed on time and ensure timely follow up collecting on invoices sent to clients;
- Ensure compliance with all tax filing deadlines and submissions;
- In charge of the maintenance of registration files of the firm and ensuring that all annual registration requirements required of the Directors and firm are complied with in good time. E.g. with KCCA, URA Etc.
- Prepare expense reports - e.g. telephone reports, claims summaries, advance claims prior to payroll date of 25th of each month. Stationery reports, etc by billing date of 1st of every month;
- Review and process advance and claim forms timely. Ensure that out of pocket policy is complied with by staff;
- IT reports usage. Provide a monthly report on IT matters and ensure staff IT problems are resolved quickly;
- Manage all petty cash matters;
- Keenly track all WHT tax deductions suffered by the firm and maintain an accurate record for these for inclusion and posting in the financial records of the company;
- Handle all procurement of the business.
- Admin checklist compliance. Report to be given to Director on a monthly basis;
- Maintenance of staff annual leave management worksheet;
- Maintenance of property and equipment register which is submitted to director on a quarterly basis for review;
- Manage reception area
- Manage director’s diary
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Finance and Administrative Executive job placement should hold a Bachelor’s degree in a finance field;
- Professional accounting qualification i.e. ACCA/CPA level an added advantage;
- At least four to five years’ experience working in a busy Admin and Finance role
- Computer literacy i.e. hands-on experience using Tally and QuickBooks.
- Highly organized and detailed oriented;
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written;
- Good working knowledge of the URA portal with particular emphasis on tax filings including VAT, income tax, WHT, PAYE;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Good team player and understands that their role is there to support the professional staff in achieving a collective objective.
- Self-starter and works with little supervision
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online through Zoe’s e-recruitment portal at the link below together with:
- Attached copies of all academic qualifications (transcripts and certificates);
- Detailed CVs and daytime mobile telephone numbers;
- Three work references and or/academic references;
Deadline: 6th June 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline