Job Title: Finance and Administration Manager
Organisation: Action Africa Help International (AAH)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Country Director
In 1996, Action Africa Help International (AAIN) became Aktion Africa Hilfe e. V (AAH) and was registered in Munich, Germany from where our founders in 2003 moved the organisation’s headquarters to Kenya. AAH-I now works with refugees, host communities and other marginalized and vulnerable groups in Kenya, Uganda, Somalia and South Sudan, where it operates across a range of sectors that seek to bridge relief to development.
Job Summary: The Finance and Administration Manager will oversee all the financial processes effectively and efficiently functioning, monitor financial results to detect risks and address them. The incumbent will plan, execute and evaluate all activities of financial management of AAH Uganda Country Programme. The job holder will be responsible for developing, reviewing, updating and enforcing compliance of the Programme’s financial policies and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take lead of the country budgeting process and provide technical advice to support proposal writing in line with AAH-I Finance and Resource Mobilisation guidelines and procedures.
- Supervise, train and appraise country accounting staff, support and maintain a competent & motivated “finance team” through giving constructive feedback, coaching and mentoring in line with the Human Resources Manual.
- Periodically review and implement financial policies to mitigate any financial risks in line with AAH-I guidelines and donor policies.
- Keenly monitor all functions and programs/projects under charge are performed within budgetary parameters, to include performing costs control activities, monitoring revenues and expenditures and ensuring sound fiscal control in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Practices.
- Maintain and reconcile bank accounts for all funds from field accounting support personnel.
- Regularly review and monitor accuracy of work generated in the country accounts office in relation to billing, payroll processing, accounts payable, drafting checks and accounts receivable in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Practices.
- Review reconciliations for accounts payable ledgers to ensure that statutory deductions (PAYE, NSSF, Local Service Tax, Withholding tax) have been paid and submitted to statutory authorities in line with the financial policies and regulations of AAH International.
- Prepare and review annual, quarterly, monthly and weekly cash flow forecasts, based on cash status and generate weekly cash flow reports in line with AAH-I finance guidelines and procedures.
- Keenly review and monitor the implementation of proper audit trails, verification and reconciliation actions for all processed work to ensure adherence to generally accepted accounting standards and principles, established procedures, departmental guidelines and regulatory requirements.
- Review receipts, expenditure forms, purchase orders, distributions and disbursement orders for the purpose of ensuring compliance with established regulatory standards.
- Prepare periodic accounting reports e.g. weekly, monthly and annual reports, drafting and revising codes and ordinances in line with AAH-I financial guidelines and procedures.
- Plan, manage, coordinate and implement the year end/project end closing processes and procedures for the assigned accounting records, and provide information to auditors in line with the financial policies and regulations of AAH International.
- Offer timely technical accounting support and interpretation to management through senior management team meetings and to employees in line with the AAH-I financial guidelines and procedures.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s (honors) degree in Commerce, Accounting or Finance.
- Also, he / she must hold a Master’s degree in Financial Management, Accounting, Economics or a related field from a recognized institution.
- Professional qualification in Finance or Accounting (Membership of ACCA, CPA)
- At least five years’ experience in similar or higher position with at least 3 years in a Non-Government Organisation.
- Good computer applications knowledge in respect to accounting, budgeting and cash control. As a minimum, this would include an understanding of MS Office and Excel coupled with a strong understanding of Finance and accounting software and knowledge of Pastel, Navision.
- Good team player with excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Patient, understanding and of a pleasant character
- Excellent Management skills
- Able to build and develop capacity of others
- Commitment to the organizational values
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications (together with an updated (CV) with at least three referees with their telephone contacts via E-mail only to email@example.com addressed to:
Human Resource Officer,
Action Africa Help Uganda,
Plot 72 Ntinda Road, P.O. Box 10501, Kampala, Uganda.
NB: Please clearly mark in the email subject line the job title of the position applied for and your salary expectations in your application. Only those selected for the interviews will be contacted.
Deadline: 23rd June 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline