Job Title: Purchasing Officer
Organisation: Med-Optics Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Med-Optics Ltd is a private company that was established in 2002 to provide quality ophthalmic and Optical services. Over the last 14 years, Med-Optics has established itself as the top and preferred provider of quality ophthalmic services in Uganda. Our patients can always be assured of quality eye care with attention to detail and follow up to ensure patient satisfaction. We are contracted to serve various insurance patients: UAP, Jubilee, ICEA, IHN, AON, CASE Medcare and Nakasero Health Insurance.
Job Summary: The Purchasing Officer will primarily ensure effective purchasing and delivery of goods and services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Procurement Administration:
- In charge of drafting and negotiation of contracts and subsequent administration.
- Examine performance requirements, delivery schedules and estimates of costs of materials, equipment and production to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Keenly review purchasing arrangements with suppliers including price, delivery, performance and discounts to achieve reduced supply chain costs.
- Ensure compliance to purchasing procedures of the company.
- Work closely with company suppliers to ensure the most up-to-date data is available for the supply of goods and services.
- Implement improved and recommended purchase procedures.
- Establish and rationalize key Supplier Agreements.
- Identify and develop purchasing processes and practices, to ensure the best value for expenditure on goods and services.
- Handle activities concerned with contracts for purchase or sale of equipment, materials, products or services.
- Co-ordinate the tender and quotation process for the company.
- Actively monitor tender and quotation procedures across the company identifying any deficiencies and recommend any improvements.
- Co-ordinate and ensure acquisition and disposal of any stocks or assets.
- Offer technical support and advice to management and staff on procurement matters.
- Compile, and update information in vendor and stock databases to provide effective processing, information management and reporting.
- In charge of the preparation of reports and presentations to your supervisor as required.
- Perform any other duties as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Degree in Procurement from an accredited University and a qualification in CIPS.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a purchasing/procurement role.
- Good working knowledge of Contracting Principles.
- Good working knowledge of administrative procedures.
- Ability to use a range of computer software.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Able to follow instructions and procedures
- Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their application letters and updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please don’t attach any other documents; it is not a requirement at this point.
Deadline: 3rd June, 2016 by 5:00 pm
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us by the 15th June, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline