Job Title: Logistics Assistant
Organisation: Action Against Hunger (ACF)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Base Logistician
Action Against Hunger (ACF) is an International Humanitarian NGO which has been in existence for over thirty years. ACF has been implementing Food Security and Livelihoods, Nutrition, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene programs in the Lango, Acholi, West Nile and Karamoja regions of Northern Uganda.
Job Summary: The Logistics Assistant will offer timely support to the Base Logistician in management of all components of Logistics (fleet management, warehousing, transport, procurement etc).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in close collaboration with the Base Logistician (Base Log), archive all the closed purchase dossiers
- Collect the orders from the bases, and update the Procurement follow-up (PFU) in collaboration with the Log base.
- The incumbent will inform different departments about the process of their orders through the weekly Plans
- Follow the loading and delivery of Items in the trucks and report any problems to the Log Base, supplier, and share information with the logs bases.
- Work in liaison with the Base Logistician to prepare and supervise loading, offloading and ensure all documents are duly filled and signed
- Work in liaison with the Base Logistician and program managers, plan and organize transport of goods to destinations- packing, weighing, labeling, preparation of packing list, organizing loading/offloading, prepare transport documents (waybill), notifies destination, and confirms arrival
- Keenly monitor the goods deliveries to the departments/bases/programs by various modes of transport, liaise with the Base Log in case of any clarifications
- Ensure stock management systems are updated (storage conditions, stock cards, reports, expiry dates etc.
- Ensure stock management and administration systems are implemented in all the FSL and NUT programmes
- Take complete responsibility for the receipt, storage, accounting and reporting of all items received and stored in the warehouse.
- Ensure that PM’s, or APM’s always checks the Items on their quality, quantity & expire date etc,
4. Fleet management (vehicle, motorcycle, generator): In collaboration with the Base Logistician,
- Support and organize weekly vehicles movement planning and staff movement.
- In collaboration with drivers ensure that the log book is updated on daily basis
- Follow-up day to day use of generator, (work time hour, fuel, checkup)
- Ensure that the generator is not running on one time more than 4 hours, on total of 8 hour a day.
- Ensure that the generator maintenance are planned,
- Provide information at all staff about working hour of generator
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Action Against Hunger (ACF) Logistics Assistant job placement should hold a Diploma from a recognized college in Logistics (stock management, transport and fleet management).
- A minimum of two years of professional experience in the logistics field.
- Previous exposure and experience of working in humanitarian relief/development sector in the field, in a logistics or other related program support role.
- Excellent communications skills, with excellent verbal and written English. Fluent in local dialects is a requirement.
- Good working knowledge of Computer-Ms Word/ Excel Computer skills.
- Previous experience working with NGO or UN agencies
- Proven knowledge and experience of logistics core competencies
- Competence in all components of Logistics (fleet management, transport, warehousing, etc)
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends and to carry out field visits at short notice if required.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications which should include ONLY a cover letter, CV (not more than 4 pages) with at least three referees and a daytime telephone contract. For email applications please note that attached documents should not be larger than 2MBs. All documents should be zipped in one folder. Any email larger than 2MBS will not be considered. Please send your email application to: firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning “LOGISTICS ASSISTANT (Northern Uganda)” in the subject line.
Deadline: 23rd June 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline