Organisation: Rural Electrification Agency (REA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Principal Community Outreach Communications Officer
The Rural Electrification Agency (REA) is the Secretariat of the Rural Electrification Board (REB) as established by Statutory Instrument 2001 No. 75. The REB’s main function is to oversee the management of the Rural Electrification Fund (REF) and facilitate the development and implementation of the Government’s Rural Electrification Programme.
Job Summary: The Assistant Community Outreach Communications Officer will offer support in building the visibility of the Agency and its activities through appropriate publicity and marketing of REA products and services to communities in the rural areas; liaise with other stakeholders such as MEMD, UEDCL, UETCL, UMEME, and REA Concessionaires and District leaders amongst others.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with beneficiary communities on issues of rural electrification
- Work closely with the planning unit to ensure all community schemes applicants are mobilized and get sensitized on procedures of getting electricity
- Sensitize communities on energy efficiency, production use of energy and issues of health and safety when using electricity
- In charge of increasing community awareness on all REA projects including PVTMA and the OBA programme and NORAD subsidy programme.
- Provide marketing support to the Concessions Management team and service territories
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Principal Community Outreach Communications Officer.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Assistant Community Outreach Communications Officer job opportunity should an honours Degree in Communication and Media, Public Relations, Marketing, Development Studies or any other related field in the Social Sciences.
- At least two years of related experience.
- Basic knowledge in environment issues including way leaves and compensation management will be an added advantage
- Working knowledge of the media in Uganda
- Public speaking in the English language and local languages.
How to Apply:
All interested and qualified Ugandans should send their applications including; a cover letter, detailed CV, names and addresses of three referees and copies of relevant certificates and testimonials addressed and delivered to: The Executive Director, Rural Electrification Agency, Plot 10 Windsor Loop, Kololo 2nd Floor, House of Hope, P.O. Box 7317, Kampala - Uganda.
NB: Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 8th July 2016 by 1.00PM.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline