Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Organization: Private Sector Foundation Uganda (PSFU)
Project Name: Uganda Skills Development Facility (USDF)
Funding Source: World Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Project Accountant, SDF
About World Bank USDF:
The Government of Uganda has received credit from the World Bank towards Implementation of the Uganda Competitive Fund for employer-led short term training (Uganda Skills Development Facility -USDF). The Uganda competitive fund for employer-led short-term training is part of the Skilling Uganda Project addressing prevailing skills imbalances and shortages in Uganda. An important element of the initiative is to facilitate collaboration between training providers and industry to promote demand driven skills development with special attention to innovative modes of training. The Fund is an IDA-funded project expected to be managed by the Private Sector Foundation Uganda (PSFU). The grant component of USDF aims at;
- Component 1: Supporting training activities that lead to improved productivity and competitiveness in the formal and informal sectors, hereby creating new income opportunities
- Component 2: Providing funding primarily for the improvement of the quality and relevance of existing skills systems
- Component 3: Prioritising innovative new approaches to skills development with special attention to micro and small enterprises.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow-up payment acknowledgement and obtain receipts from service providers.
- In charge of the maintenance of accounting records pertaining to main cash book and petty cash.
- Filling of accounting records / documents including payment vouchers, receipts and bank records
- Serve as the project agent with BOU, deliver and collect correspondence financial and accounts records from Bank of Uganda (BOU) e.g. bank statements etc and MoFPED and related Agencies.
- Provide weekly status of outstanding payments, bank account balances with BOU, weekly bank cash banking & deposits
- Actively facilitate project component to make payments for workshops and seminars.
- Prepare and analyse advance schedules to preparing for retirement of advances and arrange accountability status updates to components
- Keep advance register updated and prepare monthly report on outstanding advances
- Prepare payments transactions authorized by the FMS and extract payment vouchers and attach supporting documents and maintain a proper filing system for the department. Process payment requests and check the expenditures to ensure all requisite attachments are attached.
- Assist the Accountant in matters of stock taking of project inventory and assets.
- Assist in the preparation of bank reconciliations.
- Mileage booking into the system and ensuring the vehicle log books are updated all times. Generating vehicle and telephone usage reports
Key Performance Indicators:
- Maintained accounting records pertaining to main cash book and petty cash.
- Updated accounting records / documents on payments and receipts and bank records
- Weekly status reports on outstanding payments, bank account balances with BOU, weekly bank cash banking & deposits
- Updated advance register and listing of accountability from components
- Monthly expenditure reports on motor vehicle and telephone usage.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the World Bank SDF Project Accounts Assistant job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Business Administration (Accounting major) or related discipline.
- The applicant must be pursuing or should have completed a professional accounting course e.g CPA or ACCA.
- Art of innovation and ability to work with self-initiative.
- Excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical skills, high level of proficiency in the use of computer applications especially spreadsheets and database, Computerized accounting systems e.g IFMS, Navision, Tally, QuickBooks
- Impeccable level of integrity.
- Age: Between 25 – 35 years
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to deliver their application letters, updated curriculum vita and photocopies of academic and professional certificates to the address below. Please clearly indicate the position being applied for on top of the envelope.
The Executive Director,
Private Sector Foundation Uganda (PSFU)
Plot 43, Nakasero Road,
P. O. Box 7683, Kampala- Uganda.
Deadline: 20th June 2016 by 5:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline