Job Title: Accountant - Payables
Organisation: Med-Optics Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Med-Optics Ltd is a private company that was established in 2002 to provide quality ophthalmic and Optical services. Over the last 14 years, Med-Optics has established itself as the top and preferred provider of quality ophthalmic services in Uganda. Our patients can always be assured of quality eye care with attention to detail and follow up to ensure patient satisfaction. We are contracted to serve various insurance patients: UAP, Jubilee, ICEA, IHN, AON, CASE Medcare and Nakasero Health Insurance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Petty Cash:
- The incumbent will plan and requisition for petty cash requirements.
- Collect and consolidate purchase cash requisitions for cash drawing.
- Make petty cash/cash payments to staff and third parties.
- Post approved accountabilities in the system.
2. Invoice verification and payments:
- Verify invoices.
- Process payments and send out payment advice slips to suppliers.
- Regular reconciliation of supplier statements.
3. Forecasts: Provide input for preparation of weekly and monthly forecasts.
4. Records Management:
- Update and maintain the fixed asset register.
- Post journals.
- Prepare bank reconciliations.
- Ensure proper filing of all finance records.
5. End of Month closing and reporting:
- Represent the finance function in the stock taking exercise.
- Prepare and submit reports as required by the Senior Accountant.
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities as may be deemed fit by the senior Accountant.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should at least hold a Bachelor of Commerce Degree and level 2 ACCA/CPA.
- A minimum of two years of related work experience.
- Principles and practices of organizational planning.
- Computer literacy i.e. proficiency in Microsoft office and the internet.
- Proficiency in different accounting packages like QuickBooks, Sage Pastel, and Tally.
- Adheres to principles and values.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their application letters and updated CVs to email@example.com. Please don’t attach any other documents; it is not a requirement at this point.
Deadline: 3rd June, 2016 by 5:00 pm
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us by the 15th June, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline