Job Title: Editor and Knowledge Manager
Organisation: BRAC International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
BRAC International is one of the world’s largest Non-Governmental Development Organizations, working in a number of countries in Africa and Asia on poverty alleviation Programs, is registered in Uganda as BRAC Uganda. The organization implements integrated development approach combining Education, Health, Agriculture, Livestock, Adolescent Empowerment and Microfinance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Editor & Knowledge Manager will be primarily responsible for clearing research products for quality in terms of presentation and disseminating results through appropriate platforms.
- The incumbent will ensure quality and thorough oversight copy editing reports to achieve academic standard of writing, and preparing policy materials.
- Coordinate with the country teams and to develop their capacity. Sharing all sorts of dissemination products with central team, having feedback for authentic outputs.
- Sharing knowledge to country team members for capacity building, while editing/producing research products as well as to Director Research (IERC).
- Disseminate projects out puts through national media, table talk with the guidance of Research Director.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Master’s Degree in Social Science preferably in communications.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with various project partners.
- Familiar with research methods, analysis and graphical presentations.
- Computer literacy i.e. knowledge of publishing software such as Adobe In Design or Illustrator.
- Excellent writing skills to prepare communications pieces from academic papers.
- Familiarity with web development and writing web contents.
- Ability to work effectively as part of the team.
- Ability to plan and be able to deliver under minimum supervision.
- Excellent analytical skills and understanding of research approaches.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their application letters, Curriculum Vitae not scanned (including bio-data such as: Date of birth, Education qualification, language proficiency, work experience and at least three professional referees in Ms. Office Word Document) and all Scanned copies of academic /other supporting documents. They should all be merged into one PDF file. In total, there must only be two attachments sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 18th June 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline