Job Title: Driver
Organization: Mercy Corps
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Mercy Corps is a leading global relief and development agency saving and improving lives in the world’s toughest places. In more than 40 countries, we partner with local people to put bold ideas into action, help them overcome adversity and build stronger communities. We help communities survive and move beyond emergencies. When natural disasters strike, economies collapse or conflict flares, Mercy Corps is there. Working with communities, we leverage local logic to help people transform their lives to grow more food, earn higher incomes and ultimately advocate for their needs. We see global challenges as an invitation to pioneer innovative, sustainable solutions.
Job Summary: The Driver will support transport & other logistics functions of the organization as may be assigned.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive project vehicles for official travel and business, as required while maintaining a high standard of service to both internal and external guests.
- Ensure punctuality, safe transport & observance of road traffic laws and regulations of the Republic of Uganda
- Ensure safe driving practices are adhered to including local driving codes and internally agreed standards.
- The incumbent will ensure vehicles are kept secure, clean, and tidy , in good working condition at all times & ensure vehicles are given regular/day-to-day maintenance checks.
- Ensure vehicle repairs & maintenance are carried out on time, done properly as per official manufacturers specifications & all works are done from officially designated workshops.
- Maintain Vehicle Logbook for official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, prepare and submit at the end of each month a vehicle monitoring report & records including vehicle operations, maintenance expenses & mileage,
- Support the Finance and Operations Manager to ensure vehicle Insurance and registration is updated timely according to schedule.
- Offer support to the Finance and Operations Manager in handling logistics & administrative including facilitating immigration and customs formalities, Photocopying, filing, handling mail, delivering goods and correspondences, and assist in arranging meetings, training and workshop activities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a clean driving license with classes B, DL & DM.
- Certificate in defensive driving
- A minimum of five years of accident free driving experience.
- A minimum of ordinary level UNEB certificate of Education.
- Recommendation certificate of good conduct.
- Good communication skills in both English and Kiswahili
- Knowledge of Karamojong Language is an asset
- Good knowledge and understanding of Uganda traffic laws.
- Good traffic judgment & good knowledge about vehicle mechanics.
- Knowledge on operation and maintenance of various office equipment’s
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should send their application letters, copies of academic qualifications/ certificates & a detailed CV including email contacts of 3 work related referees. Applications should be addressed to the Team Leader and hand delivered at Embassy Plaza Ggaba Road, 4th Floor Office No. D6 in properly sealed envelopes indicating position applied for.
Deadline: 10th June 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline