Job Title: Driver
Organisation: Stanbic Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job ID: 17806
Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of Stanbic Africa Holdings Limited which is in turn owned by Standard Bank Group Limited (“the Group”), Africa’s leading banking and financial services group. The Standard Bank Group is the leading banking group focused on emerging markets. It is the largest African banking group ranked by assets and earnings. Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is the largest bank in Uganda by assets and market capitalization. It offers a full range of banking services through two business units; Personal and Business Banking (PBB), and Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB).
Job Summary: The incumbent will be tasked with driving of bank and other staff as advised, and the proper maintenance of bank vehicles in one’s charge
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Operational Performance:
- Routine check of log books and verification of receipts
- Inspection of vehicles before and after travel and reporting faults
- Responsible for monitoring the service due from the odometer readings of Bank vehicles
- Proper routing of both staff and items for each journey as is advised
- In charge of arranging transport for guests.
- Weekly inspection of pool vehicles to ensure they are in sound engine and body condition.
- Supervise vehicle cleaning and weekly checks.
2. Cost Management:
- Close monitoring and recording of vehicle fuel
- Ensure Bank vehicles are serviced and repaired on time
- Effective planning of trips to save on unnecessary costs
- Ensures effective, efficient and optimal utilisation of all resources (human and capital) to be responsive to client needs and business strategies
- Proper handling of vehicle allocated to me
- Fuel and service is effectively monitored
- Reporting defects on time
- Timely service and repair of vehicles
4. Self Development:
- Identifies appropriate formal and occupational (informal) training needs and courses (internal/external) to develop oneself
- Up-Skills oneself regarding new products and procedures through attendance of workshops/presentations and reading of internal and external communications.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Stanbic Bank Driver job opportunity should hold Business Diploma
- Hold a valid driving licence
- At least five years of related experience
- Customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Team build
- Driving skills
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the one of Africa’s biggest Banking Groups, Standard Bank in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by visiting Link below.
Deadline: 2nd July 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline