Job Title: Donor Communications & Engagement Officer
Organisation: Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: National Director
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need. Habitat for Humanity has an Administrative Headquarters based in Atlanta, an Operational Headquarters based in Americus, Georgia, and Area Office bases of operations in Manilla, Philippines for our Asia and Pacific work, San Jose, Costa Rica for our Latin American and Caribbean work and Bratislava, Slovakia for our Europe, the Middle East and Africa work.
Job Summary: The Donor Communications & Engagement Officer supports the communications efforts of Habitat for Humanity Uganda (including Marketing, Advertising and Public Relations). The person will assist in various projects and events for any and/or all of the HFHU initiatives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Prepare client profiles & stories:
- Prepare press releases, e-newsletters, communication materials for donors
- Prepare other marketing & communications materials as needed
Maintain donor database:
- Maintain photograph library and assisting in video opportunities
- Preparing content to be placed on the HFH websites
- Work in liaison with the IT officer to ensure the organization website is updated on a regular basis and all other social media sites are active.
- Work closely with the management team ensure mechanisms are in place to enhance HFHU’s image with foundations, corporate organizations and associations.
- Build effective strategies to enhance HFH brand in Uganda, cultivate new communications partnerships.
Support Report Writing
- Reach out to the community organizations, general public and donors with the message about Habitat for Humanity’s mission
- Co-ordinate with media professionals to initiate or follow-up with outreach attempts as needed
- Offers support in the implementation of Resource Development Strategies geared towards helping the organization acquire adequate funding to sustain operations and meet organizational goals especially from local corporate organizations and companies.
- Perform any other reasonable duties assigned in alignment with the objectives of Habitat for Humanity Uganda.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communications, Public Relations or any other related field
- A minimum of three years of related experience in marketing & communications - preferably with a non-governmental organization.
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
- Excellent organizational skills
- Detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Computer literacy skills i.e. working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel
- Enthusiasm for the mission of Habitat for Humanity and the families we serve
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply by sending a cover letter, a detailed CV and copies of relevant academic credentials via email addressed to: The Human Resource Department.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 27th June, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline