Job Title: Director, Finance & Administration
Organisation: Dairy Development Authority (DDA)
Reports to: Executive Director
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Dairy Development Authority is a semi-Autonomous Agency under Ministry of Agriculture, Animal industry and Fisheries (MAAIE). Dairy Development Authority was established under the Dairy Industry Act of 1998. Dairy Development Authority's Mission is "To provide dairy development and regulatory services that will ensure increased production and consumption of milk, sustainable and profitable dairy industry sector that contribute to economic development and improved nutritional standards in Uganda".
Job Summary: The Director, Finance and Administration will provide leadership and management of the financial, human and other resources of the organisation and provide proper accountability in line with the relevant regulations of the Authority and Government.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the Finance and Administration function of DDA.
- Contribute to the overall leadership, strategic planning and management of the Authority
- Oversee and supervise the administrative function including, property and facility management, procurement, human resources and accounting.
- Responsible for planning, budgeting and monitoring of implementation of work plans of the Authority.
- Provide advice on matters related to legal, insurance and contractual obligations.
- Develop risk management policies and procedures to ensure organisational risks are minimized.
- Oversee all payroll functions to ensure that employees are paid in timely and accurate manner.
- Coordinate and oversee internal and external audit
- Preparing monthly, Quarterly and Annual Management Accounts/Reports.
- Ensuring timely procurement and payment for the goods and services provided to the Authority.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The prospective applicant should have a Bachelor's degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Financial Management or Accounting from a recognized University. Possession of a Master's degree in Accounting or MBA is a MUST.
- Must be a member of a professional body (ACCA, CIMA, and CPA).
- A minimum of at least eight (8)years working experience in Government or public Institution with at least five (05) years heading Finance and Administration.
- Knowledge of Computerized accounting packages is also an added advantage.
- Good Analytical skills Proven Integrity, Interpersonal skills, Organisational skills, Communication and Networking.
How to Apply:
All interested applicants who meet the specified job requirements should submit their application forms, up to date curriculum vitae and photocopies of academic credentials to the address below, addressed to:
The Executive Director,
Dairy Development Authority (DDA),
Plot 1, Kafu Rd. Kampala,
P. O. Box 34006, Kampala, Uganda
E-mail to: email@example.com
Deadline: 1st July, 2016
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interviews.