Job Title: Data Manager
Organisation: AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF)
Duty Station: Uganda
AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an international not for profit NGO, with its Headquarters based in Los Angeles, California. Aids Health Care Foundation is registered in Uganda as Aids Health Care Foundation - Uganda Cares (AHF-UC) which is collaboration between the Uganda Ministry of Health and AIDS Healthcare Foundation (U.S.A) to provide free HIV/AIDS services; including antiretroviral therapy in resource constrained settings. AHF- Uganda Cares to date operates in 15 districts including; Masaka, Kampala, Rakai, Mpigi, Lyantonde, Soroti, Lwengo, Bukomansimbi, Kalungu, Kalangala, Masindi, Amuria, Butambala, Gomba, Serere, Hoima and Tororo supporting 32 clinic sites country wide.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Data Manager coordinates program data management activities relating to HCT and ART services including routine data collection, compilation, analysis, and dissemination.
- Actively participate in developing and dissemination of data collection tools and databases that will facilitate proper records management for the designated Uganda Cares supported sites and Partners.
- Ensures timely submission of reports to all key stakeholders.
- Regularly monitors and maintains privacy of all data/information collected and entered into all computers.
- Ensures that all data/information is backed up on a regular basis (daily/weekly/ monthly) basis to ensure safety of data.
- Actively participates in preparing weekly, monthly and quarterly program data reports for the Uganda Cares supported sites.
- In charge of troubleshooting and management of computer systems including Open MRS.
- Takes part in training of healthcare workers and records officers in data collection , management and utilization
- Actively participate in operational and scientific research activities especially data collection tool development, data collection, cleaning and analysis.
- Develops an operation work plan and budget for data management activities in line with the regional work plans and budgets.
- Mentors and supervises Data Entry Clerks and records managers at the various health centres
- Perform any other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics or other related field from a recognized university.
- At least three years’ experience in data management and analysis in a busy health care setting
- Previous exposure and experience working in healthcare delivery systems
- Flexible, proactive and able to organize work independently as well as work in a team
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should e-mail their applications (Cover Letter and CV Only) to: firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning position applied for in the subject line. The email should not be larger than 2 MB - any larger email will not be considered.
Send our hard copy application including telephone contact details to the:
Human Resource Manager,
AHF - Uganda Cares,
Plot 548 Kira Road, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 1st July 2016 by 5:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline