Job Title: Dairy Development Officer
Organisation: Dairy Development Authority (DDA)
Duty Station: Mbarara, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Dairy Development Officer
Dairy Development Authority (DDA) is a semi-autonomous agency under the Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF). It is established under the Dairy Industry Act of 1998. Its Mission is “To provide dairy development and regulatory services that will ensure increased production and consumption of milk, sustainable and profitable dairy industry sector; contribute to economic development and improved nutritional standards in Uganda.”
Job Summary: The Dairy Development Officer Positions will foster increased productivity through the use of cost effective, modern and appropriate farming methods, technology, business management, development strategies and practices among dairy stakeholders. The incumbent will also enhance the level of understanding among the general public on the significance and benefit of milk and dairy products consumption and to develop and apply communication strategies that would deliver appropriate messages to a wide range of communities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Support dairy development by explaining, demonstrating and sensitizing dairy farmers on government policies, strategies and programs aimed at increasing production and productivity.
· Carry out training and sensitizing farmers and / or Farmer organizations on new and improved animal husbandry technologies as well as milk handling, transportation, bulking and marketing in liaison with extension workers and local authorities.
· Implement appropriate publicity programs to be aired in the electronic media, discussed in public debates, workshops, seminars and exhibits at trade fairs and shows.
· Implement appropriate promotional programmes of milk and other dairy products to increase production, marketing and consumption of milk and milk products.
· Generate statistical data and information to facilitate the analysis of the dairy impact, benefit and outcomes of the information dissemination programs on promotion of consumption of milk and other dairy products for use in sectoral planning and development of the industry.
· Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Veterinary Medicine, Animal Production, Dairy Technology/Science, or related qualifications.
· A minimum of two years of relevant experience in program implementation in agricultural related programs.
· Good networking, mobilization, presentation and communication skills, capable of working with communities at the grass root level and other stakeholders in the industry.
· Excellent computer literacy skills
How to Apply:
All interested applicants who meet the specified job requirements should submit their application forms, up to date curriculum vitae and photocopies of academic credentials to the address below, addressed to:
The Executive Director,
Dairy Development Authority (DDA),
Plot 1, Kafu Rd. Kampala,
P. O. Box 34006, Kampala, Uganda
E-mail to: email@example.com
Deadline: 1s July, 2016
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interviews.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline