Organisation: Tech 4 Development
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Tech 4 Development (www.tech4development.com) is a social enterprise that develops innovative digital solutions with the goal of addressing some of East Africa’s most pressing development challenges in a profitable way.
We are about to launch our new brand and solution in Uganda, called Panya (www.panya.ug). Our solution uses existing chat platforms and a WebApp to connect buyers to small businesses that offer quality products and services in Kampala.
Job Summary: The Customer Service & Data Management will manage all customer relationships and support our Lead Technologist with data management. The Intern should have good communication skills and buys into our vision of using technology and new business models to radically improve small business practices in Uganda. Candidates should have worked in customer service functions and should be able to communicate clearly and efficiently with a large number of customers via chat and over phone.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all customer service processes;
- Support the team to better understand the needs of customers;
- Manage the client and partner database (the heart of our business);
- Carry out customer research;
- Occasionally undertake on-site customer support and sales activities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- At least four years of work experience, two of which should be in customer service.
- Candidates should have excellent skills in communicating with existing and perspective clients via chat.
- The candidates should be passionate to work in a fast-paced, creative, and culturally diverse environment while adapting quickly to changing needs and priorities.
- Good team-player
- Significant hands-on experience in customer service;
- Previous experience in managing databases (excel is ok);
- Proven ability to type fast on a computer keyboard;
- Excellent command of the English and local language (oral and writing);
- Excellent inter-personal skills with a positive attitude;
- Broad interest to work in a technology startup and to grow with it;
- Show commitment to social change and our vision for digital empowerment;
- Previous experience handling customer support in an eCommerce company is an added advantage
Job Terms: This internship will be from 20th June – 31 August, 2016 but with the possibility of full-time employment dependent on the performance of the candidate.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CVs to email@example.com with copy to firstname.lastname@example.org (no cover letter needed). We strongly encourage early application.
Deadline: 14th June, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline