Organization: Finance Trust Bank (FTB)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Credit
Finance Trust Bank is licensed as a Tier 1 Commercial Bank after taking over the financial services business of Uganda Finance Trust Limited (MDI). Finance Trust Bank is a fully-fledged commercial bank serving a clientele of over 350,000 depositors and over 28,000’ borrowers, through a network of 36 branches countrywide. The bank offers a variety of Products and services including; Savings, Current accounts, Loans, Money transfer services and Bills payments to its target market which comprises of micro, small and medium entrepreneurs, salary earners and youth.
Job Summary: The Credit Manager will steer the growth of the Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) business in FTB and ensure the achievement of set targets for assets and liabilities growth, and a high quality loan portfolio.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Grow the SME business in the Bank in line with the set targets.
- Ensure a good quality SME credit portfolio.
- Train, coach, support and monitor the productivity of the line staff and ensure that set productivity targets for staff are achieved.
- The incumbent will ensure compliance to credit covenants by SME borrowers.
- Ensure adherence to the credit underwriting policies and guidelines in the portfolio by all approval levels. I.e. credit applications are properly reviewed, written, structured and approved in line with applicable product terms and documentation requirements.
- Ensure adherence to the set Turn Around Time (TAT) for SME credit applications, i.e. offer letters, legal documentation, etc. are implemented within the set timelines.
- Ensure the delivery of high quality customer service by the line staff, both in the department and branches, in line with the Bank values of integrity, friendliness, responsiveness and equity.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Finance Trust Bank Credit Manager –Small and Medium sized enterprises (SME) job opportunity should hold a University degree in a business related field such as Business Administration, Commerce, Accounting, Finance, or Economics.
- Additional qualifications in any of the above fields or a professional qualification such as ACCA is a strong added advantage.
- A minimum of three (3) years working experience as a Regional based Manager in a busy financial institution. OR Possession of three (3) years working experience as a Branch Manager, managing a portfolio of SME customers of not less than UGX 5 billion, comprising of both liabilities, assets and off balance business.
- Previous experience in Relationship management of an SME portfolio is a requirement.
- Good Financial and Cash flow analysis skills is a requirement.
- Proven sales and marketing skills.
- Good supervisory skills and leadership abilities.
- Good customer care and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- High level of personal integrity.
- Must be team work oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to guide and train others.
- Excellent written and presentation skills.
- Self-drive and ability to meet deadlines
How to Apply:
All qualified candidates should submit their applications which should include; photocopies of academic testimonials, a CV with at least three reference contacts, including the most recent employer, and telephone number to; Head, Human Resource, Finance Trust Bank, Plot 115 & 121, Katwe, P. O. Box 6972, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 8th June, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline