Job Title: Country Manager (Maternity Cover)
Organisation: Soft Power Education (SPE)
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
Reports to: Country Manager and Board of Trustees
Soft Power Education (SPE) is a UK charity and Ugandan NGO working in the education, disability and livelihoods sectors with a mission of improving quality of life through education.
Job Summary: The Country Manager (Maternity Cover) will ensure effective organisation management, people management, financial accountability, programme implementation in line with strategy and programme development.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall organisation management
- Offer support and direction of management team
- In charge of financial accountability
- Oversee effective programme implementation and monitoring and evaluation
- Provide strategic leadership in programme development
- Responsible for donor reporting, partnership management, networking and proposal development
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Management or a related field
- At least seven years’ experience in senior management positions
- Qualification in project management, M&E or related area
- Broad knowledge and understanding of contemporary issues and ethics in international development
- Significant experience of working in an NGO environment
- Previous experience of working in Africa
- Proven experience of managing large, multicultural teams of staff
- Proven experience of donor reporting
- Proven experience of programme management and monitoring and evaluation
- The ideal candidate should be an experienced non-profit sector senior management professional with extensive experience who can lead a dynamic team.
- Fluency in English (professional English required)
- Excellent IT skills including MS Word programs (especially Excel and Word)
- Working knowledge of financial accountability and donor reporting
- Knowledge of QuickBooks accounting package
- Comfortable managing multiple tasks, planning ahead and meeting deadlines
- Excellent communication, diplomatic and negotiation skills
- Ability to organise, train and motivate a multicultural team of staff
- Disciplined and able to make decisions with minimal guidance
- Proven experience of leading the design and implementation of new programmes
- Enthusiastic and motivated individual with the ability to motivate others
- Able to adapt to changing circumstances
- Calm demeanor and strong ability to problem solve and find solutions
- Highly organised with attention to detail
- Motor vehicle driver’s licence and five years’ driving experience (4x4 experience preferred)
NB: This is a short-term role for 9-12 months to cover maternity leave. However, for the right person there may be an opportunity to extend in another capacity within the organization beyond April 2017.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should email their updated CVs and application letters to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line.
Deadline: Wednesday 15th June 2016 by 5.00pm local time.
NB: Applicants who have not been contacted by Friday 24th June should consider their applications unsuccessful.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline