Job Title: Communication and Marketing Officer
Organization: Aga Khan Foundation (AKF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Aga Khan Foundation through its partner agency, Madrasa Early Childhood Development Program, Uganda (MECPU) aims to provide quality community-based, culturally relevant, affordable and pluralistic EGD services to underprivileged communities in rural and urban areas. Core programming objectives include training ECD teachers using the Science of ECD training package, supporting children in transitioning successfully from home to preschool and into primary schools, and creating a society in which all children are active, healthy, knowledgeable and happy MECPU operates in parts of Central and West Nile regions of Uganda and has so far supported ECD policy development and implementation as well as community-based practice since 1993. MECPU is a key player in promoting integrated ECD in Uganda and its contributions so far have been recognised by Government, international development partners, CSOs and communities.
Job Summary: The Communication and Marketing Officer will be mainly responsible for supporting a wide range of marketing and communication programmes and initiatives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage MECDI marketing campaigns and projects as out lined in business plan
- Work closely with the Monitoring and Evaluation team to ensure marketing initiatives are measured for accuracy and effectiveness to further inform the overall marketing strategy
- Initiate the development of a website to actively market the institute
- Write, edit and proof read communication materials that will help market the institute these will include articles, newsletter, stories, booklets, posters, banners and school profiles, blogs.
- Build relations with a wide range of marketing contacts, particularly, media outlets, suppliers such as printers and designers to ensure competitive prices and great quality
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s degree with in business administration, marketing or related field
- At least three years’ experience in related job roles
- Proven experience of managing print and digital content production
- Demonstrated skills in developing and running marketing campaigns and projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including editing and copywriting skills.
- Proven abilities in using a wide range of computer applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, In Design and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in order to function effectively as a team player in a group situation.
- Previous experience in advertising an advantage
- Prior exposure and experience with marketing software is an added advantage
- Fluency in English (written and oral)
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should send a cover letter, updated CVs and names and contact information of three professional referees with “Position applied for” in the subject line addressed to the Program Director, MECPU via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand deliver to MECPU offices located on Plot 278 Sir Albert Cook Road in Mengo (Adjacent to the premises that are opposite the Masengere Building that is within the Bulange precincts).
Deadline: 1st July 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline