Job Title: Chief of Party
Organisation: FHI 360
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
About FHI 360:
FHI 360 is an international non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
About USAID Project:
FHI 360 is anticipating to implement a USAID-funded integrated health services project in Eastern Uganda. The project will work to increase utilization of HIV / AIDS, MNCH, nutrition and TB services.
Job Summary: The Chief of Party will provide overall leadership and technical direction for the project, ensuring achievement of project deliverables. The COP will be the primary liaison with USAID and will manage project staff and implementing partners to ensure proper reporting, financial management, and compliance. The COP is expected to coordinate with government and other stakeholders to ensure that activities complement ongoing initiatives and adhere to country and global standards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will be responsible for the overall planning, implementation and management of the project as well as the achievement of the goals and objectives of the project in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Maintain an integrated vision and approach for the project in achieving the results as defined in the award, while maintaining overall excellence and accountability to beneficiaries and USAID.
- Manage the planning of all project activities and set high quality performance targets ensuring adherence to technical standards, best practices and donor guidelines.
- Serve as a liaison between USAID/Uganda and all other counterparts, implementing partners and Government of Uganda officials involved with the program.
- Ensure project activities adhere to USAID and country office management policies and practices.
- Oversee/manage partnerships and ensure strong lines of communication and collaboration are established and maintained.
- Produce and present papers at local, regional and international fora to share experiences and emerging best practices.
- Oversee a team of senior technical, financial and program management staff for the project and ensure strong communication and coordination with and between all team members, and with relevant staff in HQ and the East and Southern Africa Business Unit.
- Ensure financial and grants management compliance with FHI 360 and USAID rules and regulations.
- Ensure timely, high-quality and complete submission of work plans, quarterly and annual reports, financial reports, and any other reports required by USAID.
- Actively promote sustainability of project activities with effective networking, linkages to other programs, capacity building of project staff, and institutional strengthening of implementing partners and community-based organizations.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Chief of Party career opportunity must hold a Bachelor’s Degree or its international equivalent - Knowledge/Information Services, Communications, Education, Environment, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development or Related Field.
- At least twelve years with project management experience.
- Significant experience in multi-sector project management and implementation.
- Demonstrated strategic planning, staff development and capacity building experience.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing complex projects that are strategic in nature and national/international in scope.
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language.
- Significant experience operating in insecure environments.
- Previous exposure and experience working in a non-governmental organization (NGO).
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join FHI 360’s USAID-funded project in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by visiting Link below.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline