Job Title: Chief Engineer
Organisation: Ministry of Works and Transport (MoWT)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Captain
Salary: Shs. 3,750,000/= per month
The Ministry of Works and Transport (MoWT) exists to formulate policies, plans, set standards, build capacity carry out advocacy, regulate, monitor and evaluate the Works and Transport Sector. The Ministry also provides policy and strategic guidance to parastatal bodies under its supervision namely, Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA), Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) and Uganda Railways Corporation (URC).In regard to Uganda Road Fund (URF), and MoWT provides political and operational oversight in collaboration with the Ministry of Finance, Planning and Economic Development.
About MV Kalangala:
The “MV Kalangala” is a modern multi-purpose marine vessel providing transport services between Kalangala District and the Mainland. The vessel meets International Standards and is fully classed and Insured accordingly.
Job Summary: The Chief Engineer will ensure up-to-date state of repair of all machinery
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proper scheduled maintenance and management
- Conduct regular servicing in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Timely reporting of defects
- Supervision of corrective maintenance.
- Maintaining a constant watch on hazards
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should at least hold a Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education or equivalent
- Possess at least Class III Certificate of Competency from a recognised Maritime Institution.
- Recorded sea-time of not less than 10 years, five of which MUST have been either as Chief Engineer, Second Engineer or Third Engineer on a vessel not less than 1100 GRT.
- Previous experience with medium speed Caterpillar Marine Engines would be an added advantage.
- Age: 30 years and above
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send handwritten applications with a detailed and certified Curriculum Vitae (CV) including telephone contacts (office and mobile), e-address; Copies of Certificates and Testimonials; and two recent coloured passport size photographs to the undersigned;
The Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Works and Transport,
P.O. Box 7174 Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 11th July, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline