Job Title: Captain
Organisation: Ministry of Works and Transport (MoWT)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Mechanical Engineer, Ministry of Works and Transport
Salary: Shs. 4,500,000/= per month
The Ministry of Works and Transport (MoWT) exists to formulate policies, plans, set standards, build capacity carry out advocacy, regulate, monitor and evaluate the Works and Transport Sector. The Ministry also provides policy and strategic guidance to parastatal bodies under its supervision namely, Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA), Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) and Uganda Railways Corporation (URC). In regard to Uganda Road Fund (URF), and MoWT provides political and operational oversight in collaboration with the Ministry of Finance, Planning and Economic Development.
About MV Kalangala:
The “MV Kalangala” is a modern multi-purpose marine vessel providing transport services between Kalangala District and the Mainland. The vessel meets International Standards and is fully classed and Insured accordingly.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring the safety of the ship, passengers and crew through:-
- Overall management and maintenance of the ship to seaworthiness standards
- Regular conduct of safety and emergency drills.
- Supervising safe loading and offloading.
- Responsible for preparing the vessel for surveys and docking.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Captain must possess a minimum of Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education or equivalent.
- Possess at lease Class III Certificate of Competency of a navigation officer from recognised Marine institution.
- Recorded Sea time of not less than 10 years, five of which MUST have been either as Master or Chief Mate of a vessel not less than 50GRT.
- Previous experience on Inland Water ways and specifically on Lake Victoria would be an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send handwritten applications with a detailed and certified Curriculum Vitae (CV) including telephone contacts (office and mobile), e-address; Copies of Certificates and Testimonials; and two recent coloured passport size photographs to the undersigned;
The Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Works and Transport,
P.O. Box 7174 Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 11th July, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline