Job Title: Business Manager
Organisation: Kimberly Ryan
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Kimberly Ryan provides an Outsourcing solution that not only exceeds your needs but ensures Return on Investment. Their outsourcing services include; Employee Outsourcing, Managed Payroll Services, Business Process Outsourcing and Function Outsourcing. They would like to recruit for a valuable client, a fast growing company in the advertising industry in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Business manager will be responsible for overseeing and supervising a company's activities and employees to keep workers aligned with the goals of the company.
He/ She will be responsible for managing the everyday general business, maintaining high standards, conditions and fostering a positive environment in ensuring a total quality satisfaction for both customers and team members.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The business manager will oversee the activities of workers; hire, train and evaluate new employees.
- Ensure that a company is on track to meet its financial goals.
- Business manager also develop and implement budgets, prepare reports for senior management and ensure the department complies with company policies.
- Sale company products and meet targets.
- The Business Manager will also ensure workers have the resources to complete their work.
- The incumbent will work with Human Resources staff to recruit, interview, select, hire, and employ an appropriate number of employees.
- Provide oversight and direction to the employees in the operating unit in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
- Coach, mentor, and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities.
- Empower employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals. Delegate responsibility and expect accountability and regular feedback.
- Maintain employee work schedules including assignments, job rotation, training and telecommuting.
- Maintain transparent communication. Appropriately communicate company information through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, and appropriate email, IM, and regular interpersonal communication.
- Manage the overall operational, budgetary, and financial responsibilities and activities of the company.
- Make business decisions that are financially responsible, accountable, justifiable, and defensible in accordance with organization policies and procedures.
- Keenly review performance data that includes financial, sales, and activity reports and spreadsheets, to monitor and measure departmental productivity, goal achievement, and overall effectiveness.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a university degree in business management / Administration or its equivalent is preferred.
- At least three years’ experience in the industry.
- Previous experience in finance/sales is added advantage.
- The business manager must have excellent written and verbal communication skills to direct employees and lead the department.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to meet business targets.
- Strive for excellent methods and results always.
- Highly passionate about the company brand and customers
- Well organized and detailed-oriented
- Good people skills
- Able to multi- task.
- Act with honesty and integrity at all times.
- Computer proficient; familiar with software programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should send their application letters and updated CVs to; email@example.com. Please include position title in subject line of the E-mail.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline