Job Title: Business Development Manager
Organization: Uganda Women’s Effort to Save Orphans (UWESO)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Programs
Uganda Women’s Effort to Save Orphans (UWESO) is a national non-government organization which was founded in 1986 by Ugandan mothers committed to providing relief aid to needy children left parentless by the civil turbulence of the mid-1980’s and the HIV/AIDS pandemic.
Job Summary: The Business Development Manager will be responsible for leading UWESO in understanding and implementing best practices in Business Development; offer lead oversight on all new funding opportunities, including coordination of proposals writing, fundraising, networking, advocacy, investment and assist in annual and strategic planning. The incumbent will also manage appropriate Estates management and procurement systems and procedures for effective planning and monitoring assets and procurement respectively.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively contribute to the development and implementation of UWESO’s strategic goals and ensure that best the practice in resource mobilization is incorporated
- Take lead of the team in understanding Business Development in Uganda’s child protection sector, by regularly reviewing and performing analysis on market trends; researching relevant fields in order to identify constraints and interventions that will have a positive impact.
- Ensure that organisational fund-raising activities are supported by effective advocacy and communication strategy
- Identify effective programme activities and results in support of fund-raising.
- Responsible for supporting the development and implementation of rolling resource mobilization strategy and plans including on-going analysis of fundraising environment, trends, close monitoring of donor interests and new opportunities
- In charge of drafting project proposals and concept notes with the management team.
- Updating donor engagement action plan and donor recognition/visibility plans.
- Ensure that the organisation has a well maintained and continually developed contact list of individuals, groups, organizations and / or private sector, government, whose support is essential to assist in achieving the advocacy objectives of the organisation
- Develop, maintain and update partners contact list/database including specifically assessing the country’s private sector landscape with regard to opportunities for UWESO/ private sector fundraising to promote children’s rights
- Build the capacity of staff in resource mobilization, networking, estates management and procurement.
- Help establish, document, review and refine the process of working collaboratively with partners, including meetings, joint projects, information sharing etc.
- Contribute to the coordination of the procurement function by playing a part in implementing of the Procurement plan
- Provide quality, effective and efficient service to ensure smooth operations of UWESO estates
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s degree in either Business Administration, Economics, Accounting, Commerce, Agribusiness or a relevant professional qualification from recognized institutions of higher learning.
- Possession of a Master’s Degree either in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Procurement or any relevant related technical area and a PGD Project Planning & Management (will be an added advantage)
- At least five years of relevant experience in Business Development services.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Be knowledgeable in business finance, possess financial analytical skills
- Be ready to offer technical guidance in estates management and procurement.
- Computer literacy i.e. familiarity with the use of databases and Microsoft Office.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to send their applications with certified copies of academic transcripts, detailed CVs with salary history, contact addresses of three professional referees to:
Human Resource Officer,
Uganda Women’s Effort to Save Orphans,
Plot 2 Tagore Crescent, Kamwokya,
P.O. Box 8419, Kampala. Uganda
Or Email to: email@example.com. (All email applications should be in a single PDF file of maximum size – 5MB)
Deadline: Friday, 1st July 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline