Job Title: Assistant Program Officer
Organization: Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF)
Project Name: Northern Uganda Farmers’ Livelihood Improvement Project (NUFLIP)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Reports to: Project Coordinator
The Government of Uganda (GoU) through the Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF) is going to implement the Northern Uganda Farmers’ Livelihood Improvement Project. Northern Uganda Farmers’ Livelihood Improvement Project (NUFLIP) is a 5 year project implemented in Acholi sub-region. The main objective of NUFLIP to establish an effective agriculture extension system based on a market oriented approach to improve farmers’ livelihoods. The outputs of the project include; building the skills and knowledge of agriculture extension workers of Acholi Sub-region on agricultural production, increasing production and productivities of selected crops including vegetables, better access of produce to market secured through Small holder Horticulture Empowerment and promotion (SHEP) approach and improving the nutritional status of participating households members particularly children.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate the promotion market oriented agricultural production in Northern Uganda and new technologies in other parts of the country.
- Support the Project Coordinator to prepare detailed work plans, budgets and implementation frameworks for the projects.
- Follow-up implementation of the work plans
- Manage and maintain the records of the projects
- The incumbent will coordinate the arrangement of meetings and other undertakings by the projects
- Ensure smooth running of project activities including handling communications, welfare, and maintenance of project property.
- Prepare and submit reports to keep stakeholders informed
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor assigned by the project coordinator.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Assistant Program Officer vacancy should be Ugandans in possession of an honors Bachelor of Science degree in Agriculture, Horticulture or related science fields with a bias in Extension.
- At least two years working experience in an agricultural related field is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in MS Office computer packages
- A good team player with a self-drive to deliver the set project outputs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and self-driven;
- Able to work and reside under field/rural conditions;
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should fill public Service Form Three (Job Application Form) and submit to the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries, P.O. Box 102, Entebbe, Open Registry.
Deadline: 28th June 2016.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline