Job Title: Assistant Production Manager
Organisation: Uganda Development Corporation (UDC)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Manager Production & Technical Services
Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) has been revived as an investment arm through which Government will invest in strategic Sectors of the economy in partnership with the private sector to trigger industrial and economic development of the country. The mandate of UDC is to promote and facilitate the industrial and economic development of Uganda. One of the current projects UDC is implementing is the Soroti Fruit factory. Construction of the factory is now nearing completion.
Job Summary: The Assistant Production Manager will manage and implement the QMS of the factory on a daily basis under the supervision of the Manager Production & Technical Services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer support and supervise the capturing and delivery of daily, weekly and monthly quality management reports
- Take lead of quality control specification of the different production areas and stages (be an active member of the HACCP plan development team).
- Ensure that quality products are produced according to already set international standards and regulations.
- Offer support in the development and execution of the factory’s production plans in relation with the primary fruit supplies, plant capacities, labor requirements marketing and distribution plans.
- Take lead in ensuring the production of quality and safe products.
- Take part in the designing and reviewing of the Plant layout
- Attending production meetings and assist in forecasting production requirements
- Take part in the calculation of production costs that include equipment, time and labour
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a BSc Food Science and technology or its equivalent.
- Relevant post graduate qualifications is an added advantage
- QMS related training and exposure will be an added advantages
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a busy beverage or FMCG manufacturing environment with at least two years at senior level.
- Working knowledge of food quality and safety (HACCP concept principles)
- Highly motivated and ability to perform and deliver under a stressful and target oriented environment.
- Excellent communication skills
- Skilled in conducting safety tests and removing potential hazards
- Should have good research and analytical skills
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications accompanied with detailed curriculum vitae, copies of academic transcripts and certificates, telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees should be addressed to:
The Human Resource & Administration Manager
Uganda Development Corporation
Floor 5, Soliz House
Plot 23 Lumumba Avenue
P. O. Box 7042 Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 8th July 2016
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline