Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Organization: National Environment Management Authority (NEMA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Human Resource Manager
Job Ref: NEMA/ADV/EXT/07/2016
The National Environment Management Authority (NEMA) was established under the National Environment Act Cap. 153 to promote and ensure sound environmental management practices for sustainable development in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant will provide secretarial, clerical and administrative support and ensure that the services are provided in an effective and efficient manner to achieve the goals of the Department.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for taking dictations using shorthand and transcribing to ensure that spelling, punctuation and format are correct.
- In charge of preparing correspondence for the Director and other staff signature, checking enclosures and addresses.
- Responsible for arranging appointments and maintaining Director’s calendar, receiving visitors and answering queries with discretion.
- Arranging meetings and receptions given by the Director.
- In charge of receiving, screening, logging and routing departmental correspondence, attaching necessary background information and monitoring follow up system.
- In charge of drafting substantive correspondence on routine matters.
- Responsible for requisitioning and distributing stationery to departmental staff.
- Perform any other duties assigned by Management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the NEMA Administrative Assistant vacancy should hold a Degree in Secretarial Studies/ Office Management. Possession of a Diploma in Secretarial and Office Management will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of five years of post-qualification experience as a Personal Secretary in a busy office.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their hand written applications together with copies of certificates/ testimonials and detailed curriculum vitae indicating three professional referees addressed to:-
The Executive Director,
National Environment Management Authority (NEMA),
NEMA House, Plot 17/19/21 Jinja Road,
P.O. Box 22255, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 20th June, 2016
Note: The job title applied for should be printed at the top left hand side of the envelope. Applicants, who will not have heard from us by August 31, should consider their applications unsuccessful.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline