Job Title: Accountant
Organisation: Sasakawa Global 2000-Uganda (SAA/SG2000)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Sasakawa Global 2000-Uganda (SAA/SG2000) is a non-profit non-governmental international organization that promotes demonstration and widespread adoption of improved pre and post-production agricultural technologies for smallholder farmers in Uganda in collaboration with relevant government institutions, farmers’ organizations and the private sector.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the Finance Function of the Organization and ensure adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles as required by the Government and Donors,
- Maintain an up-to-date financial entries in a computerized accounting system,
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations, payroll and staff terminal benefits
- Prepare accounts and audit reports for the project,
- Keenly monitor financial operations of subsidiary projects linked to the main project
- The incumbent will manage and control projects expenditures, analyzing expenditure against budget and give explanation for variances, if any,
- Prepare quarterly and annual budgets, financial reports for submission to donors,
- Compute and ensure all relevant taxes and social benefits are paid to relevant institutions,
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls,
- Ensure financial forecasting and risk analysis,
- Verify completeness, existence and accuracy of all accounting information
- Perform any other duties as may be required by the management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a University degree in Commerce, Business Administration or any related discipline. Additional professional training (ACCA, CPA or similar certification) and relevant Masters will be an added advantage.
- At least six years’ experience in a reputable NGO is a pre-requisite.
- Previous experience in Peachtree accounting system.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should E-mail an application letter, updated CV with names of three referees and scanned copies of relevant academic credentials to:
The Country Director,
Sasakawa Global 2000-Uganda
Ruth Towers, Plot 15A Clement Hill Road
P.O. Box 6987, Kampala-Uganda
E-mail: email@example.com and copy: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 6th July, 2016 by 5:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline