Organization: Uganda Women’s Effort to Save Orphans (UWESO)
Duty Station: Kampala, Hoima, Mbale, Soroti, Masaka, Mbarara and Lira, Uganda
Reports to: Regional Managers
Uganda Women’s Effort to Save Orphans (UWESO) is a national non-government organization which was founded in 1986 by Ugandan mothers committed to providing relief aid to needy children left parentless by the civil turbulence of the mid-1980’s and the HIV/AIDS pandemic.
UWESO has established a Community Multi-Purpose Cooperative Society Limited (UCG) for its members, groups and staff to access suitable financial services from Profit Oriented Financial Institutions. The UWESO Community Multi-Purpose Cooperative Society is to provide tailored Financial and Development services to UWESO family members and enhance sustainability of its operations in Uganda. It was legally registered by Ministry of Trade, Industry and Cooperatives (MTIC) to commence operations nationally in Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Field Financial Services Officer will promote the vision and mission, objectives and products of UCG and UWESO in the community
- Mobilize, Sensitize and enroll members to UCG
- Mobilize Shares, Savings and Membership fees from Members
- Carry out pre and post loan visits to Groups and individual borrowers to understand how they run business, their residences and business addresses, identify the potential of the areas, provide technical assistance, see how the loans are used, identify some risks that are manifesting that may affect loan repayment,
- Regularly check validity/review the information in the Loan Application and see if the proposed economic activities are viable
- Guide the borrowers on how to use the money and how to manage businesses
- Appraise both the individual and Group level loan applications
- Prepare regular monthly portfolio and operational reports to the GM
- Work closely with the Regional offices, administrations, UWESO HQ, development line bureaus and the likes within the area of operations.
- Seek information from other financial institutions to avoid multiple loans
- The incumbent will gather and update data on the features of the dominant economic activities for which loans are requested
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Field Financial Services Officer Career jobs should at least hold a Diploma in Business Administration, Community Development and Micro Finance Banking from recognized institutions of higher learning.
- At least two years of relevant experience in SACCO/Cooperative, Bank or Micro finance Management
- Proven monitoring & evaluation reporting skills.
- Hands on Computer skills (Ms Word,Excel,PowerPoint )
- Excellent track record of community mobilization and training Skills
- Ability to ride a Motorcycle (with a valid riding Permit)
- Proven integrity, good communication and inter-personal skills
- Knowledge of local language of preferred duty station is added advantage
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to send their applications with certified copies of academic transcripts, detailed CVs with salary history, contact addresses of three professional referees to:
Human Resource Officer,
Uganda Women’s Effort to Save Orphans,
Plot 2 Tagore Crescent, Kamwokya,
P.O. Box 8419, Kampala. Uganda
Or Email to: email@example.com. (All email applications should be in a single PDF file of maximum size – 5MB)
NB: Field -Financial Services Officers should indicate their preferred location.
Deadline: Friday 1st July 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline