Job Title: Driver (5 Job Opportunities)
Organization: Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Reports to: Senior Transport and Logistics Associate
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job ID: 13-9076
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is a nonprofit international health organization composed of nearly 2500 people from more than 74 nationalities working in over 50 countries. Our mission is to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Together with our partners, we are helping managers and leaders in developing countries to create stronger management systems that improve health services for the greatest health impact.
Job Summary: The Driver provides reliable and safe driving services to MSH staff and visitors, and delivery of assigned cargo. The incumbent will primarily be responsible for, but not limited to, driving assigned vehicles, safe transport of authorized personnel, delivery and collection of documents and cargo, and working knowledge of vehicle security. S/he ensures the highest standards of discretion and overall safety and well-being of passengers, demonstrating courtesy and confidentiality across all MSH Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Driver will ensure provision of reliable and safe driving for MSH staff, officials and visitors and safe delivery and collection of mail, documents or any other cargo.
- Ensure that the vehicle is kept clean and tidy.
- Fill out a vehicle daily log sheet and carry out daily and weekly maintenance checks on the vehicle.
- Ensure availability of all required documents including, Proof of ownership, Valid driving license, vehicle insurance, vehicle registration, vehicle logs, emergency phone contacts, MSH Uganda Security SOPs, first aid kit and spare parts.
- The jobholder will ensure safety and well-being of passengers at all times, and that passengers comply with MSH policy and local requirements, as appropriate.
- Comply fully with MSH Uganda procedures on the reporting of accidents involving MSH Uganda vehicles.
- Regularly report any damage, mechanical faults or mishaps that may occur to the vehicle to the supervisor.
- Ensure that the vehicle is parked safely at all times.
- Provide timely, cost effective, and high quality support and service to all MSH country-based projects and activities.
- Ensure actions are governed by the highest standards of personal and business conduct as stipulated in policy guidelines.
- Actively contribute to maintaining teamwork, discipline sound work relationships and productivity
- Offer timely support to project teams in undertaking other tasks such as registering workshop participants, distribution of items to health facilities and partners and other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Drivers must at least hold an O’ level certificate or its equivalent
- Hold a valid clean computerized driving license
- A minimum of ten years’ driving experience
- Should have B, CM, and DL driving classes.
- Knowledge of Uganda Road Laws.
- Training in defensive driving.
- Knowledge of basic mechanics.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Excellent command of English.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the Management Sciences for Health in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by clicking on the link below.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline