Job Title: Territory Sales Manager (4 Career Vacancies)
Organization: M-KOPA Solar Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Regional Sales Manager
M-KOPA Solar is the global leader of “pay-as-you-go” energy for off-grid customers. Since its commercial launch in October 2012, M-KOPA has connected more than 200,000 homes in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda to solar power, and is now adding over 500 new homes each day. The success of M-KOPA (M= mobile, KOPA= to borrow) stems from making solar products affordable to low-income households on a pay-per-use installment plan. Customers acquire solar systems for a small deposit and then purchase daily usage “credits” for US $0.45, or less than the price of traditional kerosene lighting. After one year of payments customers own their solar systems outright and can upgrade to more power.
Job Summary: The Territory Sales Manager will be responsible for developing assigned territory to maximize and grow sales by selling M-KOPA product to existing customers and acquiring new business.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and execute a territory sales plan that meets or exceeds established sales targets and supports Company sales targets.
- Achieve assigned sales targets by maximizing promotion and sales activity
- Develop and establish a consistent group of Field Sales Agents through Field Sales Managers and Retailers aligned with M-KOPA Mission, Vision and objectives.
- Meet regularly with existing Dealers , Retailers and Field Sales Managers in sales territory to understand their evolving business needs and expand their understanding and use of MKOPA products
- Regularly monitor and evaluate the performance of Field Sales Managers to meet the performance standards/targets in line with MKOPA Performance management system
- Build long-term, productive, and mutually beneficial relationships with existing and new Dealers and Retailers in line with MKOPA business sales strategy
- Maintain consistent communication and timely follow-up with Dealers, Retailers and prospects and be available and responsive to customer’s real-time needs.
- Work effectively with support departments to promote sales for new and existing Dealers and Retailers to maximize MKOPA visibility
- Prepare and submit sales activity reports and presentations in a timely manner.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold any relevant Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University.
- At least to three years’ experience in sales and distribution e. g Micro-finance or other financial services, mobile-money, FMCG or other product/service in East Africa.
- Ability to manage and mentor a team of sales staff to achieve greater sales figures
- Customer centric with excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to plan ahead with excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Willingness to work in rural areas.
- Self-motivated with commitment to deliver results
- Ability to request and receive support from the headquarters.
- Good team player with high levels of flexibility.
- Good report-writing and presentation skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and up-to-date CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to with the subject “Territory Sales Manager” addressed to:
The Human Resource & Administration Manager,
M-KOPA Uganda Limited,
Plot 12 Eric Magala Road, Entebbe. Uganda
Deadline: 31st June, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline