Job Title: Nurse Counselor (4 Career Opportunities)
Organisation: AMREF Health Africa
Duty Station: Uganda
AMREF Health Africa is an international African organization founded in Kenya in 1957. Our Headquarters are in Nairobi with major programmes in Ethiopia, Kenya, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda, and two regional nubs in Southern and Western Africa based in South Africa and Senegal Respectively. Working with and through African communities, health systems and governments, Amref Health Africa aims to close the gap that prevents people from accessing their basic right to health. Amref Health Africa is committed to improving the health of people in Africa by partnering with and empowering communities. Our Vision is Lasting Health Change in Africa.
Job Summary: The Nurse Counselor will provide technical support in SMC, HCT, pre and Post circumcision surgery counseling services to SMC clients. The Counselor will be responsible for providing the clients relevant information about SMC. He/ she will perform counseling sessions ensuring high level confidentiality without discrimination and treat each client with dignity and respect.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a diploma or degree in Nursing with a certificate in counseling.
- The applicant must also be registered with the Uganda Nurses and midwifes council.
- Two years’ work experience preferably in a circumcision surgical setting
- Completion of a recognized course in a counseling with a specialty in counseling services for persons living with HIV/AIDS
- Additional training and experience in the provision of male circumcision counseling services will be an added advantage
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to send an updated CV including three professional referees and cover letter addressed to the Human Resources Manager, Amref Health Africa in Uganda via Email to: email@example.com. Emails should not exceed 2MB.
Deadline: 13th June, 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline