Job Title: Mechanic (3 Job Placements)
Organisation: Kakira Sugar Limited
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Supervisor Workshop - Car and Lorry Garage
Job Ref: 2016-03-298/AG-U-CG-01
The Madhvani Group, a leading professionally managed industrial/service group, with an annual turnover exceeding USD 500 million, engaged in diverse operations. Kakira Sugar is owned by the Madhvani Group and it is extracted from cane grown on lush plantations on the shores of Lake Victoria. The sweet, sparkling crystals with their distinctive taste and flavour, and rich golden colour, have sweetened dishes all over Uganda since the 1930s.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The jobholder will be attending to repairs and maintenance of Vehicles (cars and lorries)
- Conducting overhauling of vehicles as per the supervisors recommendations.
- Carrying out preventive maintenance of the vehicles.
- Planning for the required spares well in advance in anticipation of technical problems likely to arise.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants should hold Diplomas in Mechanical/Agricultural/Automotive Engineering. However, applicants with Motor Vehicle certificate part I and II with relevant skills and experience may also apply.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in similar field.
- Age: 25 years and above
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications with Photostat copies of testimonials, certificates and curriculum vitae, indicating daytime telephone number, contact addresses of two referees and quoting the job reference number on the upper left-hand corner of the envelope should be sent to: Mr. Moses H. Thenge Human Resources Manager Kakira Sugar Limited P.O. Box 121, Jinja – Uganda Tel. 0414-444000
Deadline: 9th June 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline