Job Title: Fleet Assistant (3 Job Vacancies)
Organisation: Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Supervisor Fleet
Job Code: HRM/072/800
The Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) was established by the Uganda Revenue Authority Statute of 1991 and set up in September of the same year as a central body for assessment and collection of specified revenue, to administer and enforce the laws relating to such revenue and to provide for related matters. This statute incorporated all the laws that were in force then regarding tax collection. The new organization (URA) amalgamated the three tax administration departments that were responsible for all the taxes collected by the Central Government of Uganda.
Job Summary: The Fleet Assistant will provide transport services to all staff and maintenance of URA Vehicles in line with the Administrative guidelines, rules and regulations
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide transport and logistical services to URA staff and Officials to facilitate smooth flow of business operations
- Offer transport services to URA staff as per the URA Fleet guidelines.
- In charge of the delivery of items, for example mail/correspondence, stationery and supplies to the respective URA Offices and other stakeholders in line with the Administrative Guidelines
- Maintain record and account for all deliveries and distributions
- Guide passengers on basic safety precautions before and during the journey
- Restrict admission of non-authorized passengers to the URA vehicle
- Maintain record of travel appointments and airport pick-ups for Staff and officials, daily mileage and fuel consumption
- Keep the vehicle in good mechanical and hygienic condition to ensure safety and health of the passengers according to the Fleet Management guidelines.
- Arrange for regular maintenance and ensure that the vehicle is kept clean and in good running condition at all times.
- Keep track of the renewal of required documents including vehicle insurance, and registration logs.
- Take the necessary steps required by the rules and regulations in the event of an accident involving the office vehicle
- Identify a safe place to park the vehicle by closure of business
- Conduct periodic checks on the assigned vehicle to determine maintenance needs and report accordingly and time
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Supervisor Fleet.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the URA Fleet Assistant Job Vacancies should hold an A’ Level qualification with at least a Pass in English & Mathematics at O’ level.
- Hold a valid driving permit with at least class B. Possession of classes CM, DL or DM is an added advantage
- Basic computer literacy
- Certificate in Defensive driving is desirable
- Specialized training in basic automobile mechanics
- A minimum of five (5) years’ driving experience in a reputable Organization
- Knowledge and Proficiency in written and spoken English
- A high sense of precision and order
- Ability to handle and manage multiple tasks under pressure
- Working knowledge of Traffic and Road Safety Act, Fleet management policy
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying and understanding the implications of new information
- Problem sensitivity and Solving: The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong and proposing effective solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks with completing delivery requirements
- Excellent Customer and Personal service
- High Level Integrity & Confidentiality
- Should be an excellent time manager; Managing ones’ own time and the time of others
- Age: Below 45 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join URA should apply online by visiting the website below. Please go to Careers link, Click Here, ‘CAREERS -> EXPERIENTIAL HIRING -> Login (If new, register, else continue)’ to view detailed job description of the roles and responsibilities and other required competencies. All applicants are required to scan and attach copies of the required academic documents only e.g. Transcript, O’ Level, A’ level, Degree certificates. Applicants for the Fleet Assistant position must attach a scanned copy of their Driving permit in addition to the required academic certificates. Each attachment should not exceed a limit of 1MB and ONLY Portable Document Format (pdf) are allowed.
Note: The list of shortlisted and successful candidates will be published on the URA website. Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority. Any applicants found with forged academic documents will be charged in the courts of law.
Deadline: Thursday, 23rd June 2016 at 11:59pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline