Organisation: Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Authority (PPDA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Investigations
The Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Authority (PPDA) is established under the PPDA Act No.1 of 2003 to develop standards and regulate procurement and disposal practices in respect of all Procuring and Disposing Entities which include Central Government Ministries and Departments, Local Governments, State Enterprises, Constitutional and Statutory Bodies and post primary training institutions.
Job Summary: The Senior Investigations Officer will carry out investigations and complaints in a transparent and ethical manner ensuring that a comprehensive analysis has been completed to the standards and expectation of the PPDA Act.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that PPDA is achieving its objective of fairness and transparency by conducting all investigations in a timely and fair manner
- Responsible for the development of investigation/ complaints plans for efficient implementation
- Ensuring a transparent investigation process is followed
- Ensure transparency and fairness by coordinating and participating in developing effective and efficient investigation plans and reports:
- In charge of receiving and reviewing files so as to determine and verify that the entity practice is in line with the law and best practice
- Responsible for the preparation of investigation reports demonstrating applied methodology findings and recommendations for implementation
- Perform any other duty as assigned by the Director.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the PPDA Senior Investigations Officer job placement should hold an honours degree in Procurement, Economics, Engineering, Law, Education, Business Administration, Social Sciences or related discipline.
- Full membership of CIPS
- Credits in both Mathematics and English at O’ Level.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in public procurement
- Previous experience in Auditing
- Familiarity with the PDA Act
- Excellent analytical and investigative skills.
- Good report writing skills.
- Good knowledge of computer management and applications.
- Result and team-oriented individual.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- High standards of integrity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work under tight deadlines.
How to Apply:
All qualified candidates should send their envelopes clearly marked “Application for the Post of ………………..” with an application letter and detailed CV indicating three independent referees; copies of academic certificates and one (1) current Passport photograph should be submitted to:
The Executive Director,
Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Authority,
Plot 37 Nakasero Road, 5th Floor. UEDCL Tower
P.O. Box 3925, Kampala. Uganda.
Deadline: 1st July, 2016 by 5.00 p.m.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline