Organisation: Stanbic Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job ID: 17680
Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of Stanbic Africa Holdings Limited which is in turn owned by Standard Bank Group Limited (“the Group”), Africa’s leading banking and financial services group. The Standard Bank Group is the leading banking group focused on emerging markets. It is the largest African banking group ranked by assets and earnings. Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is the largest bank in Uganda by assets and market capitalization. It offers a full range of banking services through two business units; Personal and Business Banking (PBB), and Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB).
Job Summary: The Relationship Manager Assistant will assist the Relationship manager in the day to day running and maintenance of a commercial portfolio:
- By providing a central office-bound contact point for the customer
- Responsible for the actual preparation of credit applications and supporting loan documentation - Credit Origination Fulfilment
- By monitoring all loan facilities in the portfolio(on a joint responsibility basis with Credit Division) on a daily basis against set parameters/ conditions.
- By adding value to clients through the identification of cross-selling opportunities, Sales fulfilment support
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Customer Service Quality and Efficiency
- Credit Origination, Credit fulfilment and Portfolio management (Lending Support and Risk Management)
- In charge of interpreting business and financial information e.g. consolidated balance sheets, complex financial statements and management accounts with inter-company loans and borrowings and/or off shore holdings etc, to prepare and motivate non-scored credit applications in line with Credit requirements.
- Mining i.e. investigating and understanding customer portfolio data to identify opportunities for additional facilities
- In charge of interacting with clients to obtain and analyse financial material, i.e. Debtors lists, Management accounts, cash flow budgets, in terms of agreed covenants (Portfolio management)
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Stanbic Bank Relationship Manager Assistant job vacancy should hold a relevant tertiary banking qualification or Commercial degree is preferable.
- Matric with higher grade mathematics or accountancy is a pre-requisite.
- Previous experience as a Business Assistant/ Business Banker to gain exposure to lending principles and customer servicing And/OR Ideally previous experience in a back - office Account Support/Customer service support role to understand how to deal with the customer as well as to understand how to process customer queries and requests.
- Previous experience in Credit/Credit Direct/Retail Credit Collections as a Credit Analyst responsible for assessing Credit applications.
- A basic knowledge/ awareness of foreign exchange options, vehicle and asset finance and electronic banking options for lead generation purposes.
- Broad knowledge of different industry sectors and sector risk profiles/ trends; this includes an understanding of the impact of climactic conditions on the agricultural market (if there are agric clients in the portfolio).
- Expertise in business knowledge and contribution
- Skills and experience in Risk Management
- Skills and experience in Project Management
- Good People Management skills
- Expertise in Change Management
- Knowledge Management expertise
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the one of Africa’s biggest Banking Groups, Standard Bank in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by visiting Link below.
Deadline: 24th June 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline