Organisation: Concern Worldwide
Duty Station: Uganda
Concern Worldwide is an international non-governmental, humanitarian organisation dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries. Our mission is to help people living in extreme poverty achieve major improvements in their lives which last and spread without on-going support from Concern.
Job Summary: The Environmental Health Officer will provide technical support in the implementation of environmental health activities, including identification and verification of sites for new water points and rehabilitation. The incumbent will facilitate trainings for Water User Committees on water source management and CLTS triggering in target communities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Concern Worldwide Environmental Health Officer job opportunity should possess a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Public Health/Civil Engineering or other relevant discipline.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in implementation of environmental health activities.
- Proven reporting, research and facilitation/training skills.
- Familiarity with participatory methodologies of hygiene and sanitation promotion e.g. CLTS and PHAST required.
- Strong writing skills and fluency in English, NgaKarimojong and Luo required.
- Hold a valid Class A driving permit .
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and updated CVs (max 4 pages) with day time phone contacts, names and addresses of three (3) professional referees via email to email@example.com with the job title as the subject of email or address hard copies to: The Human Resources Department, Concern Worldwide Uganda, P.O. Box 6599, Kampala. Uganda.
Deadline: 24th June 2016 by 5:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline