Job Title: Accountant (2 Job Placements)
Organisation: Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Senior Accountant
Rakai Health Sciences Program is a collaborative Bio-medical research and service delivery organization. It strives to improve the quality of life of the local population through a combination of community based research, curative services and prevention strategies in the District of Rakai, South Western Uganda. It is based at the Uganda Virus Research Institute - Entebbe and Kalisizo in Rakai District.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Accountant will check payment requisitions for: Accuracy, Compliance, Completeness, Arithmetic, Reasonableness, Integrity and allocability before settlement.
- Regularly check systems of internal controls for all financial points at the station.
- Post transactions into the financial system Grants management/ monitoring and tracking
- Prepare reconciliation statements for Banks, Payables, and Receivables
- Prepare and analyse financial reports for management and other stake holders
- Support both the operational and donor budgeting processes
- Actively facilitate both external and internal audits at the field station.
- Maintain internal controls and advise any improvement where necessary
- Prepare and submit reports to management
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field from a recognized institution.
- Possession of a Master’s degree in a related field is an added advantage.
- Professional recognition through certification of CPA or ACCA.
- At least two years accountancy experience
- Computer literacy i.e. working knowledge and use of accounting systems and techniques
- Good Financial procedures, with adherence to accounting principles
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy with good analytical skills Ability to work with minimum supervision and a good team player
- Use of statistics is desirable
- Age: Between 26 - 40 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should send their application letter, valid academic documents and detailed resume (CV) with three recognizable referees to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Rakai Health Sciences Program,
P.O. Box 279, Kalisizo, Rakai, Uganda
Send by E-mail to: email@example.com
Deadline: 27th June 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline