Job Title: Inspectorate Officer (40 Job Careers)
Organisation: Inspectorate of Government (IG)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Inspectorate Officer
The Inspectorate of Government (IG), was established in 1995 as a constitutional office. The IG's mandate as per Articles 225,226 and 232 of the Constitution include: The promotion and fostering of strict adherence to the rule of law and principles of natural justice in administration, The elimination of corruption and abuse of authority in public offices and investigation of any act, omission, advice, decision or recommendation by a public officer, among other functions. The Inspectorate of Government is also charged with enforcing the Leadership Code of conduct.
Job Summary: The Inspectorate Officer will conduct investigations into malpractices in Government Departments and compile reports on complaints; and collect information for prosecution purposes in line with the Inspectorate of Government policies and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out investigations into any act, omission, decisions, and abuse of office, by public officers and generate reports in line with the existing legal framework.
- Conduct site visits and interviews, and make periodic reports.
- Receive/register, summarize and classify complaints and conduct investigations on cases of impropriety of leaders and make recommendations for dealing with such graft.
- Interview complainants and keep a record of statements/details/exhibits from the parties and witnesses and make recommendations for dealing with such cases.
- Prosecute cases, summon witnesses and introduce them to court prosecutors handover exhibits to prosecutors, testify in court and follow up court cases.
- Conduct research on matters impacting on the IG mandate and make reports to the Senior and Principal Inspectorate Officers in line with given instructions.
- Perform any other duties as maybe assigned from time to time by the Senior Inspectorate Officer
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Inspectorate Officer jobs should hold Honour’s degree in Commerce, Accounting and Auditing, Law (LLB) with Diploma in Legal Practice, Statistics, Procurement, BA (SS), Business Administration.
- Relevant Post Graduate qualifications will be an added advantage.
- Past investigative and management experience and skills in a large organization.
- Possess the ability to analyze reports and other forms of data, with sound judgment and planning skills.
- Strong research, report writing, communication and networking skills/people skills.
- High level of integrity.
- Computer literacy skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Age: 24-35 years of age.
How to Apply:
All qualified candidates who meet the specifications above should pick application forms, download here, and apply to:
The Secretary, Appointments Board Inspectorate of Government 5th Floor, Jubilee Insurance Centre Parliament Avenue P. O. Box 1682, Kampala
NB: The applications MUST be hand delivered and registered. Please enclose detailed CV, copies of academic certificates, transcripts and testimonials, daytime telephone numbers, postal and e-mail addresses. In addition, include telephone numbers of three competent referees, who should not be relatives.
Deadline: 10th June 2016 by 5:00 pm