Job Title: Field Sales Manager (10 Job Opportunities)
Organization: M-KOPA Solar Ltd
Duty Station: Northern, Central, Eastern and Western, Uganda
Reports to: Regional Sales Manager
M-KOPA Solar is the global leader of “pay-as-you-go” energy for off-grid customers. Since its commercial launch in October 2012, M-KOPA has connected more than 200,000 homes in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda to solar power, and is now adding over 500 new homes each day. The success of M-KOPA (M= mobile, KOPA= to borrow) stems from making solar products affordable to low-income households on a pay-per-use installment plan. Customers acquire solar systems for a small deposit and then purchase daily usage “credits” for US $0.45, or less than the price of traditional kerosene lighting. After one year of payments customers own their solar systems outright and can upgrade to more power.
Job Summary: The Field Sales Manager will recruit, train, coach and manage a team of up to 20 Direct Sales Representatives to meet your sales targets of M-KOPA products. The role will involve detailed advanced planning to generate local networks to enable you to deliver current and future sales. The majority of your time will be coaching and working with the DSRs in the field combined with strengthening local networks of customers, while fostering team spirit amongst the DSRs. You will also assist with the resolution of customer needs as they arise. This will be a demanding, yet personally satisfying role as you develop junior members of you team and sell a product that is upgrading people’s lives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve and surpass sales targets of M-KOPA products
- Recruit, train, coach , mentor & supervise field based team of Direct Sales Representatives (DSR) to meet the set targets in line with M-KOPA business goals
- Run a team of DSR who are disciplined in the sales process and uphold the M-KOPA brand values.
- Keenly monitor and evaluate the performance Direct Sales Representatives to meet the performance standards
- Manage DSR inventory and resolve audit recommendations in line with M-KOPA audit resolution guidelines
- Develop local networks to assist in growing sales volume
- Prepare and submit weekly activity plans and reports to Regional Sales Manager
- Uphold the brand values of M-KOPA, including ensuring the M-KOPA shop is highly presentable to customer
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Field Sales Manager vacancy should hold any relevant Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University.
- One year of management experience in a related sales field. e.g Micro-finance or other financial services, mobile-money, FMCG or other product/service in East Africa.
- Demonstrated ability to carry out direct selling
- Proven ability to mentor sales staff to achieve greater sales figures
- Proven ability to plan ahead.
- Ability to request & receive support from the headquarters.
- Proven ability to work in a self-disciplined & proactive manner.
- Good negotiation skills and ability
- Tenacious personality
- Customer focused.
- Team player with high levels of flexibility.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good report writing skills.
- Willingness to work in rural areas.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and up-to-date CVs to: email@example.com addressed to with the subject “Field Sales Manager” addressed to:
The Human Resource & Administration Manager,
M-KOPA Uganda Limited,
Plot 12 Eric Magala Road, Entebbe. Uganda
Deadline: 31st June, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline