Job Title: Zonal Manager
Organisation: Microfinance Support Centre Limited (MSC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Regional Credit Manager
The Microfinance Support Centre Limited (MSC) is a linchpin of Government of Uganda
(GOU) micro credit programmes under the Rural Financial Services Strategy. MSC facilitates access to affordable, sustainable and convenient financial and Business Development services to active and productive Ugandans. MSC Ltd supports legally established entities engaged in the value chain namely; production, value addition and marketing enterprises. MSC offers affordable credit through its network of 13 regional offices spread throughout the country. It has so far served clients in 110 districts in Uganda. It gives priority financing to support the agricultural production value chain namely; production, value addition and marketing. Besides credit, MSC provides capacity building to its clients including SACCOs, Cooperative Unions, MFIs and SMEs to enable them manage their organizations sustainably.
Job Summary: The Zonal Manager will support the Regional Credit Manager in the provision of leadership, technical support and guidance to staff in achievement of set business objectives. The incumbent will provide Credit, Business Development Services and other services to clients at the zone.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will implement the corporate strategy at the Zonal level.
- Manage the loan delivery process and ensure recovery of all loans at the Zonal level.
- Grow the MSC business in the Zone.
- Keenly analyze the performance of the loan portfolio by clients and provide remedial action where necessary.
- Coordinate the provision of Business Development Services.
- Prepare and submit periodic work plans, budgets and status reports of his/her zone for submission to Head Office and other stakeholders.
- Manage daily operations and supervision of the zonal Office and manage the MSC’s resources.
- Actively contribute to research, monitoring and evaluation processes.
- Identify and manage risks and ensure full compliance to all company policies and Uganda laws at the Zonal level.
- Actively promote the Company’s business and image in the zone and communicate it to the public in accordance with available guidelines.
- Assess the progress of implementation of the loan obligation and design strategies to enhance compliance to the loan obligation.
- Manage performance of staff in achieving set business objectives.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Proper performance of the Zonal loan/Credit Performance.
- Monthly reporting of the Zonal performance.
- Proper and timely approvals and loan disbursements in the Zone.
- Increased utilization of the MSC services in the Zone.
- Management, performance and development of all staff in the Zone.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Microfinance Support Centre Ltd Zonal Manager should preferably hold a Business or development-related degree (Honours);
- A minimum of five years of relevant experience at middle management in provision of financial services preferably with a reputable Financial Institution.
- Computer literacy skills
- Managerial skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Entrepreneur skills
- Impeccable level of integrity.
- Ability to develop and train others.
- Good numerical skills.
- Ability to work well in teams.
- Good customer care and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills.
- Highly assertive
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience, please send an Application Form Summary, download here, and attach a detailed CV, copies of academic and professional certificates indicate your postal address, a daytime telephone contact and names of three referees to the Executive Director using the address below. The applications in properly sealed envelopes should be hand delivered to the address given below clearly stating the job title applied for on the top right corner.
The Executive Director,
The Microfinance Support Centre Limited,
Plot 46 Windsor Crescent Avenue Kololo,
P.O. Box 33711, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 20th May, 2016 by 5:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline