Job Title: Volunteer
Organization: Center for Health, Human Rights & Development (CEHURD)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Programme Manager
Center for Health, Human Rights & Development (CEHURD) is an indigenous, non-profit, research and advocacy organization, whose vision is “To realize social justice in public health systems.” CEHURD works with public, private and civil society organisations to ensure that public health laws are used as principle tools for the promotion and protection of public health of the vulnerable populations in Uganda.
About Volunteership Program:
The Long Term Volunteership Program will be for a period of between 6 – 12 months. The arrangement involves mentorship opportunities for the candidates to gain valuable experience and advice for career development in research, advocacy and litigation in the field of health and human rights.
Job Summary: The Volunteer will work with the Community Empowerment Program to mobilize communities and work with existing community networks to create knowledge and awareness in order to bridge the gap between the community and national level advocacy for improved realization of health and human rights.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively contribute to the development of training tools for use in the different trainings held under the program.
- Engage in the Participatory Action and Research (PAR) processes undertaken by the program.
- Identify strategic ways and engagements aimed at strengthening already established platforms such as the SRH Clubs, CHAs, PLHIV Networks
- Engage in capacity building exercises geared towards strengthening existing government and non-government structures such as the Health Unit Management Committees, Community Based Organizations, Community Health Advocates etc.
- Participate in the organization of program annual events such as the Health camp, Sports events, MDD festival et al.
- Fundraise for program activities
- Identify strategic ways of popularizing for program activities amongst different stakeholders
- Actively participate in assigned field trips aimed at taking forward organizational work.
- Ensure registration of CEHURD in identified districts of operation
- Engage in new districts of operation by identifying strategic activities and partners to engage in and with.
- Ensure smooth operation of community Health advocates engagements in districts of operation
- Perform any other duties assigned to you by the Executive Director, Supervisor, program managers or any other duly authorized staff
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a bachelors’ degree in Social Work and Social Administration, Social Science, Sociology, Public Health, Demography or any related qualifications.
- Possession of a Post Graduate qualification in any of the fields above and research methodologies will be an added advantage
- A minimum of three years’ experience working with communities.
- The Volunteer should possess good research and analytical skills
- Good leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team skills
- Good resource mobilization skills
- Innovative spirit and willingness to use creative thinking.
How to Apply:
If you believe you are the ideal candidate for any of these opportunities, please submit your Curriculum Vitae, Copies of your academic documents and a cover letter in a sealed envelope, clearly indicating the position applied for on the “top left-hand side of the envelope” to:
The Operations Manager
Center for Health, Human Rights and Development
Plot 833, Old Kiira Road, Ntinda-Kiwatule
P.O. Box 16617, Wandegeya
Kampala – Uganda,
OR Email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com clearly indicating the position applied for in the subject line of the email.
Deadline: 6th June, 2016.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline