Job Title: Program Officer/ Monitoring and Evaluation
Organisation: Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development (MGLSD)
Project Name: Uganda Women Entrepreneurship Programme (UWEP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: M&E Manager
The Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development (MGLSD) is implementing the Uganda Women Entrepreneurship Programme (UWEP), an initiative of the Government of Uganda that is aimed at improving access to financial services by women entrepreneurs and equipping them with skills for enterprise growth, value addition and marketing of their products and services. The Programme will be implemented under three components namely; Capacity and Skills Development, Women Enterprise Fund for projects and Institutional Support.
Job Summary: The Program Officer/ Monitoring and Evaluation will regularly monitor and evaluate the performance of the UWEP.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the design and update the monitoring and evaluation framework of UWEP.
- Develop project monitoring plan for UWEP.
- Coordinate with partners for collecting data against agreed indicators.
- Ensure quality, timely, complete and comprehensive data is collected at all levels.
- Prepare feedback for Programme teams on projects’ performance based on monitoring data findings.
- Support the M&E Manager in building capacity of Programme teams and local governments on Planning, Data collection, Report writing and monitoring.
2. Development and management of MIS:
- Provide and update details of information that will be collected at each phase of the programme cycle and how is to be captured by the Management information System (MIS)
- Develop in collaboration with the information, communication and technology (ICT) Officers, the specifications for the MIS databases and support the development of the MIS for monitoring the effectiveness of the programme in generating community projects.
- Work in liaison with the ICT officers to design, develop and test computer systems and databases to make the MIS operational.
- Study relevant reports, synthesize and consolidate them for purposes of tracking progress and follow-up action.
- Support the M&E Manager in designing, coordinating and conducting project evaluations (mid-term, other relevant learning studies and impact evaluation).
- Support partners in designing and disseminating research studies by providing relevant inputs.
- Work closely with other institutions to monitor and evaluate aspects of poverty/unemployment among women at local government and community levels.
4. Reporting and Documentation:
- Support the Manager M&E in developing quarterly, Bi-annual and annual reports.
- Develop and share field visit reports with relevant stakeholder.
- Ensure that approved reports are uploaded on website.
- Support the development and harmonization of the UWEP database
- Supervise the collection of information for analyzing the Programme performance.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Program Officer/ Monitoring and Evaluation vacancy should preferably be a Ugandan who holds an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Statistics, Development Studies, Social Sciences from a recognized University. Possession of a Master’s degree in any of the above is an added advantage
- A postgraduate certificate or Diploma in monitoring and evaluation
- A minimum of three years of relevant working experience.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the log frame approach in planning, monitoring and evaluation
- Familiarity with both quantitative and qualitative monitoring and evaluation methods.
- Competencies; Computer literacy, Self-motivated, Organizational, Coordination and planning, Interpersonal, Communication skills and Ethics and Integrity.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send hand deliver their applications to:
The Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Gender, Labour & Social Developments,
Plot 2, Simbamanyo House, George Street,
P.O. Box 7136, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: 27th May 2016 by 3:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline