Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Organisation: Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development (MGLSD)
Project Name: Uganda Women Entrepreneurship Programme (UWEP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: National Programme Coordinator
The Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development (MGLSD) is implementing the Uganda Women Entrepreneurship Programme (UWEP), an initiative of the Government of Uganda that is aimed at improving access to financial services by women entrepreneurs and equipping them with skills for enterprise growth, value addition and marketing of their products and services. The Programme will be implemented under three components namely; Capacity and Skills Development, Women Enterprise Fund for projects and Institutional Support.
Job Summary: The Accounts Assistant will conduct basic accounting processes to ensure the financial integrity of the programme funds and to provide consolidated financial plans and reports for the programme as needed.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Financing Systems: Establish financial systems for the projects that meet the standards set up by Government of Uganda.
- Prepare timely and submit accurate financial reports in line with narrative reports that meet the requirements of GOU.
- Prepare quarterly consolidated financial reports, and ad hoc financial reports, as required by GOU.
- Ensure that project cash flows (income, expenditure and fund transfers) are managed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Develop financial performance measures relevant to the UWEP objectives.
3. Audit Preparedness:
- Facilitate internal and external audit processes in relation to the project and ensure audit requirements are monitored throughout the project
- Work in liaison with the Programme Coordinator to ensure that audit recommendations are fulfilled
- Support to ensure archiving of the project documentation for audit at all levels of the project
- Support UWEP staff to fulfill the requirements for internal and external audit.
4. Budget Monitoring:
- Provide timely support the managers in the use of the financial analysis for sound project management.
- Work closely with Managers to monitor the budget utilization and communicate any issues upwards from partners and country programmes
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Accounts Assistant job opportunity should preferably be a Ugandan who holds a Diploma in Accounting obtained from a recognized institution or a Diploma in Business studies or Administration with bias in Accounting obtained from a recognized institution.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in financial management
- Competencies: Financial management, Financial Record keeping, Expenditure management and budgetary control, Plan, Interpersonal Relations, innovativeness and pro-activism, effective communication , Information and Communications Technology, Ethics and integrity.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send hand deliver their applications to:
The Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Gender, Labour & Social Developments,
Plot 2, Simbamanyo House, George Street,
P.O. Box 7136, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: 27th May 2016 by 3:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline