Job Title: Utilities Technician
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Diageo is the world's leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of beverage alcohol brands across spirits, beer and wine. These brands include Johnnie Walker, Crown Royal, J&B, Windsor, Buchanan’s and Bushmills whiskies, Smirnoff, Ciroc and Ketel One vodkas, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness.
Job Summary: The Utilities Technician will ensure availability of all Utilities machines and equipment. The incumbent will maximize Utilities equipment/machine availability and efficiency of operation through the execution of planned preventative maintenance schedules in accordance with UBL Asset Care Strategies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct planned and preventive maintenance on utilities equipment to give a plant availability of greater than 95%
- Spearhead breakdown maintenance as well as scheduled maintenance. Ensure fast response to plant breakdowns with a view to minimizing down time. Lead formal failure analysis and take corrective actions on audit reports.
- Ensure quality and effective maintenance programs. Lead in providing safe working environment for technical operators by ensuring strict compliance to permit work systems. Improve housekeeping and participate in taking corrective action on safety audit reports.
- Implement work schedules for Technical Operators. Constantly monitor equipment parameters in utilities section and take corrective action. Drive maintenance discipline.
- Keenly monitor optimal stock levels of spare parts and supplies (fuels and lubricants).
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities and then follow through to ensure benefits are achieved.
- Update and guide technical operators through KPI updates daily, weekly and monthly.
- Carry out weekly Utilities leak tests in the process areas.
- Proactively apply technical, process control, continuous improvement, and team development skills to optimize overall Utilities plant improvement and performance.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Higher Diploma in Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering or its equivalent
- At least two years working experience in the manufacturing industry
- A person of practical skill with a good level of theoretical Mechanical and electrical knowledge. Able to identify and correct operational faults on property designs and installed plant of any complexity.
- In depth knowledge of procedures and methods of equipment handling and safety.
- Knowledge of statutory regulations e.g. environmental act.
- Presentation and computer skills.
- Good human relations skills.
How to Apply:
If you desire to join the world’s leading premium drinks business, Diageo, in the aforementioned capacity, please click web link below.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline