Job Title: Procurement Manager
Organization: Chemonics International Inc.
Project Name: Uganda Youth Leadership for Agriculture Activity
Funding Source: USAID
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Chemonics International Inc. is certified consulting company that has partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world for overe 40 years.
About Feed the Future Program:
Feed the Future, the U.S. Government’s global hunger and food security initiative, is establishing a foundation for lasting progress against global hunger. The Feed the Future Uganda Youth Leadership for Agriculture is a 5 year Activity which will support Ugandan partners, with youth in the lead, to identify and drive forward sustainable, inclusive, and cost-effective approaches that put youth, especially female youth, squarely in the agriculture sector as leaders, farmers, entrepreneurs, and employees. The purpose of this flagship activity is to increase economic opportunities for approximately 350,000 Ugandan female and male youth ages 10 to 35 in agriculture-related fields, in order to increase their incomes and build their entrepreneurship, leadership, and workforce readiness skills.
Job Summary: The Procurement Manager will be responsible for providing effective support to the YLA Activity by ensuring compliance with USAID and Chemonics’ procurement rules and regulations. The responsibilities include ensuring procurement due diligence and support to the regional offices for procurement related requests.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and issue Requests for Quotations (RFQs) to vendors
- Evaluate responses to RFQs including organizing committees to evaluate responses received. Draft selection memos to explain the procurement process and selection of vendors
- The incumbent will prepare and keep records of fully executed purchase orders
- Request for invoices and receipts from vendors for submission; track vendor payments in liaison with the Accounts team
- The jobholder will also regularly update the activity’s vendor data base and liaise with the Administrative Assistant to identify service providers
- Assist with processing procurement requests from regional offices in Mbale, Mubende, Gulu and Masindi
- Work closely with the Administrative Assistant to update and maintain the Activity's inventory tracker. Liaise with regional teams to track their inventory.
- Work in liaison with the Accounts team to assist with forecasting the Activity’s procurement
- In charge of filing procurement related documents according to provided procurement guidelines
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the USAID YLA Activity Procurement Manager career opportunity should hold a relevant Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum of three to five years’ experience as a Procurement Manager
- Excellent working capabilities with MS Office
- Excellent interpersonal skills, honesty, and commitment to excellence
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective, sustainable relationships with Activity staff, USAID Mission personnel and the general development and business community
- Previous experience with USAID and working in a multi-cultural environment is preferred
- Strong organizational and work prioritization skills, attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrates leadership, versatility, and integrity
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications electronically with a cover letter, CV, and three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 15th May, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline