Job Title: Senior Knowledge Exchange Specialist
Organization: Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Project Name: USAID TRACK TB Project
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Deputy Chief of Party- Technical Programs
Job ID: 13-9041
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is an international non-profit health organization composed of nearly 2500 people from more than 74 nationalities working in over 50 countries. Our mission is to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Together with our partners, we are helping managers and leaders in developing countries to create stronger management systems that improve health services for the greatest health impact.
About USAID TRACK TB Project:
The TRACK TB Project is a USAID -funded program in Uganda that provides technical assistance to the National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Program (NTLP).The goal of TRACK TB project is to increase Tuberculosis (TB) Case Detection Rate (CDR) and Treatment Success Rate (TSR) in Kampala and USAID supported districts in TB/HIV, to meet national targets for reducing the burden of TB; MDR-TB and TB/HIV co infection. To strengthen the capacity of the NTLP, the project will implement innovative strategies to improve TB control in Kampala and existing USAID supported districts to reduce the TB related morbidity and mortality.
Job Summary: The Senior Knowledge Exchange Specialist will provide overall leadership for planning and implementation of TRACK TB project operations research and documentation activities. The jobholder will work in liaison with the project team for the outputs of the program related to operations research as well as facilitate the project leadership to integrate the lessons from implementation, to improve the quality of interventions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The jobholder will coordinate the design, implementation and documentation of project operations research activities
- Carry out capacity building for project staff and key collaborators in operations research and scientific writing
- The incumbent will carry out targeted evaluations and operations research including design, data collection , management and analysis
- Coordinate documentation and dissemination of program successes and challenges to USAID and TB stakeholders using different approaches.
- Prepare high quality articles and abstracts for publication
- Actively promote and support the dissemination of project information by the project team
- Coordinate the preparation of quality technical project documents and periodic reports
- Build and strengthen strategic M&E relationships and alliances with other USAID projects and represent M&E activities through meetings, conferences and presentations
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the USAID TRACK TB Senior Knowledge Exchange Specialist career opportunity should hold a Postgraduate degree in Public health, epidemiology, statistics, social sciences or any other related field
- At least five years’ experience in operational research, knowledge management with TB and HIV/AIDS service delivery systems strengthening programs
- Significant exposure and experience in scientific writing of high quality publications
- Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, operations research, health management information systems, reporting, data quality assessments, data analysis, presentation and publication
- Demonstrated coordination, teamwork, planning and analytical skills to measure the outcomes of the project's activities and support project supervision
- Strong technical skills including ability to process and analyze data using one or more statistical software packages including at least one of the following: SPSS, EPi-Info, Stata, MS Access
- Proficiency in word processing and Microsoft office
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the Management Sciences for Health in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by clicking on the link below.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline