Job Title: Senior Accountant
Organisation: Abt Associates
Funding Source: U.S Agency for International Development (USAID)
Duty Station: Uganda
Abt Associates is an international development organization composed of dedicated professionals who provide technical assistance, research, analysis, and practical training services in more than 128 countries. Abt seeks to implement a five-year project funded by the U.S Agency for International Development (USAID).
Job Summary: The Senior Accountant is responsible for managing the accounting operations of the project.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent records expenditures, income, and any other related transactions, in the books of accounts.
- Prepares payment vouchers and corresponding checks.
- Prepares payroll and other regular payments with due consideration to deductions (for advances, loans, taxes, etc).
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliations.
- Regularly checks petty cash payments and periodically reconciles petty cash balances.
- Keeps a register of fixed assets and maintains an easy cross reference system of all government property.
- Ensures that the books of accounts are up to date at all times, orderly, well kept, and readily available for reference and audit, when required.
- Prepares the monthly ROV in accordance with Abt Associates procedures and policies.
- Prepares monthly cash requests, and promptly advises action required to cover estimated costs.
- Works closely with the Finance & Admin Manager and the Finance & Contract Analyst at the Abt Headquarters Office on all aspects of financial procedures and any issues that may arise.
- Ensures that government taxes are paid on time.
- Ensures that periodic inventory of the fixed assets (property) of the company is conducted.
- Supports the Finance Manager in the implementation of the internal control system and financial procedures manual of the company.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the USAID Project Senior Accountant job vacancy should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Management, or other relevant field.
- A minimum of six (6) years, 8 preferred, of experience in the financial management of large donor-funded development programs (USAID preferred).
- Comprehensive knowledge of US Government cost accounting and procurement procedures.
- Excellent writing, computer, management and organizational skills.
- Ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily management details and remaining organized and focused on long-term deadlines and strategy.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the USAID Project are encouraged to send their updated resumes / CVs and application letters that provide details of the applicant’s specific qualifications via Email to Uganda_Jobs@abtassoc.com. Please clearly include the position title in the subject of the E-mail.
Deadline: 25th May, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline