Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Specialist
Organisation: Abt Associates
Funding Source: U.S Agency for International Development (USAID)
Duty Station: Uganda
Abt Associates is an international development organization composed of dedicated professionals who provide technical assistance, research, analysis, and practical training services in more than 128 countries. Abt seeks to implement a five-year project funded by the U.S Agency for International Development (USAID).
Job Summary: The Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Specialist will be responsible for supporting the design of the project’s monitoring and evaluation agenda and the creation systems to measure and document program process, output and impact data results by routinely and systematically collecting, analyzing and presenting program data for project staff, partners and donors.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for coordinating with staff to design and implement robust M&E systems, identify and monitor key program activities in order to document results, and ensure the integration of those results into Uganda’s health system’s decision-management processes.
- Managing the collection, analysis, and reporting of baseline data and ongoing M&E data collection, analysis and reporting according to project M&E plan.
- In charge of preparing and ensuring timely submission of project performance monitoring plans, including developing and defining program indicators and sources of data, as well as contributing to annual work plans, quarterly and annual reports and other project documents.
- Regular tracking monitoring indicators of all health component activities and periodically provide data to the Senior Management Team of the project.
- Documenting progress on outcome level indicators attributable to project interventions at appropriate geographical levels including community level indicators.
- Writing reports, presenting suggestions and recommendations based on monitoring and evaluation findings.
- In charge of participating in the planning for dissemination and lessons learned and present results of program achievements and outputs in written reports and at conferences and meetings.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the USAID Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Specialist job opportunity should hold a Master’s Degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Sociology, Statistics, or other relevant field.
- A minimum of six (6) years of relevant professional experience in designing and conducting special research studies and M&E activities for complex health systems strengthening and/or service delivery programs.
- Previous exposure and experience with conducting research and evaluation in HSS, HIV/AIDS, malaria, family planning, maternal, newborn and child health, or nutrition is desirable.
- Demonstrated expertise in both quantitative and qualitative research methods; firm command of M&E issues with respect to improvements in service delivery.
- Previous experience supervising monitoring efforts.
- Prior experience with monitoring progress in financing, accounting, planning, budgeting and auditing is an asset.
- Demonstrable analytical skills to measure the health impact of the project’s activities.
- Strong organizational skills for monitoring and reporting on program and study results.
- Experience with capacity building.
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems.
- Computer literacy (MS Word, Statistical Software- Stata 12 preferred).
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the USAID Project are encouraged to send their updated resumes / CVs and application letters that provide details of the applicant’s specific qualifications via Email to Uganda_Jobs@abtassoc.com. Please clearly include the position title in the subject of the E-mail.
Deadline: 25th May, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline